Insurance help.

JGreen

PR Founding Father
Sorry I know this has been discussed many times before but here we go again.
Where is everyone getting their insurance for their bike at? Aj has been calling around
and the price range has been ridiculous! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sorry I know this has been discussed many times before but here we go again.
Where is everyone getting their insurance for their bike at? Aj has been calling around
and the price range has been ridiculous! Any suggestions would be appreciated.
I got progressive and I think I paid maybe 130 for the year...

Progressive. 1st bike is like 100 a year. Each additional is only a few extra bucks. Give or take a few dollars.

I wouldn't let progressive insure the lint under my couch. And take that from someone who's worked in the insurance industry for a decade now. Erie, State Farm, Cincinnati, Grange, USAA. Go with a reputable company, not a commerical.

Just switched to state farm. I think my bike is like $20 a year. (we have home and auto through them)

progressive $98.00 for a 2015 yz250f
Register it in your name. Do not mention race. Fire and theft

Progressive all the way. I had FULL cover on my bike. Me and a quad hit in the woods. Prog. Paid me to work on my own bike.

Cincinnati Insurance. Do not usually cover dirt bikes. But agent can get an exception for you, mine did. Like $60 a year for 2 bikes. But.........They are screwing me on my house, car and Harley. Cincinnati is charging me $857 a year on my Harley. I am shopping all of it right now. Allstate came in $1500 a year cheaper on the whole package.

i have allstate for home and auto but for motorcycles they have a minimum amount for these policies so it would cost me like $90 PER BIKE which is insane. I currently have nationwide as it was best priced for me. Last year I used RIDER insurance (out of NJ i belieeve) progressive is the cheapest until it pulls my driving record then the rate goes way up (stupid because its for an off road policy).. once that drops back off im sure ill go to progressive.

i pay like 210 / yr for victory street bike, 2015 husky, 2006 yz 125, ttr 125 and ttr 110

Cincinnati Insurance. Do not usually cover dirt bikes. But agent can get an exception for you, mine did. Like $60 a year for 2 bikes. But.........They are screwing me on my house, car and Harley. Cincinnati is charging me $857 a year on my Harley. I am shopping all of it right now. Allstate came in $1500 a year cheaper on the whole package.
Allstate wouldn't insure mine. I have all my insurance through them. I know the agent and because I race twice a year it's a no go. Thinking of taking all my insurance elsewhere.

I wouldn't let progressive insure the lint under my couch. And take that from someone who's worked in the insurance industry for a decade now. Erie, State Farm, Cincinnati, Grange, USAA. Go with a reputable company, not a commerical.
Premix, I have USAA for my car and home but when I wanted to insure my sons bikes they referred me to Progressive. Actually, they connected me directly to Progressive. I don't know what the connection is. Also, like the others said, don't tell them you were or are going to race the bike and if you go to a hospital or Doctor I wouldn't tell them that you were racing either because that will probably work its way back to your medical insurance company.

Allstate wouldn't insure mine. I have all my insurance through them. I know the agent and because I race twice a year it's a no go. Thinking of taking all my insurance elsewhere.
The allstate agent new I raced mine. He said as long as I had one fully insured bike (my Harley) that they would write the two motocross bikes.

Back