2015 Honda CRF450r brake problems

I recently just upgraded my braking system to an all Galfer system...front and rear steel braided lines, sintered brake pads front and rear and stock diameter wave rotors front and back and they are TERRIBLE!! The stopping power is bad to the point that I will not ride it because it wont stop...I have bled the brakes with a brake vacuum pump and there werent anymore bubbles but clearly something is not right. Also the brake lever seems pretty mushy.

Youre help is appreciated.

Thank you

I had a similar problem with my front brake after similar mods. I just kept bleeding it conventionally and it came around. One thing people said to do was make sure the master cylinder is at the highest point in the system and put a zip tie around the front brake level and the handlebar and let it sit overnight. The next morning check it out. I'm open to suggestions as well actually. I like to keep the brake fluid fresh and I always spend way too much time bleeding brakes. Good luck!

A couple things I can think of to try/check. First check the front brake lever. There is a screw and locknut adjustment on it usually. If it is adjusted way out( a lot of freeplay in the lever), you may try turning that screw in and see if the lever feels better/brakes work better. If that doesn't help then it must be an air issue. If this is the case pull the cap of the master cylinder and try pushing the brake pads against the rotor to compress the pistons in the caliper and force the air up and out the master cylinder, then pump lever and see if it feels better. If that doesn't help you can try removing the master cylinder and raising it as high as the brake line will let you. Then remount and pump the lever to see if it feels better.

Back