Old Bike Warm Up Before DC Race?

evomx244

PR Addict
Anyone up for a little Vintage practice Session ? I haven't been on a bike since early Nov, BC B track-Route 62 ????

Last edited:
I was thinking the same thing and with the way the weather is looking I have to think Rt 62 will be open at least 1 day this coming weekend. Real curious to see what he did with the track also.

I was thinking the same thing and with the way the weather is looking I have to think Rt 62 will be open at least 1 day this coming weekend. Real curious to see what he did with the track also.
Rt 62 has an OMA race on Sunday,practice sat but will prob be busy!!

While BC is busy trying to make a place and organization to bring top level current MX to the area, I don't think having a track like his C track that is relatively nice for beginners / vintage / slower riders is classified as "doesn't like VET Riders of Old Bikes". JO gives everyone a place to ride for practice and if you have the money to pay for the practice, he won't turn you away for being a Vet rider or having an old bike. He'll let you ride just like anyone else........

Will he set up a race for Vintage stuff or push for an AHRMA or AMA Vintage event???? NO, but that's not his bread and butter and he's super busy building an organization for Modern Bikes and modern racing. Just use him for what you can, and he'll use you for what he can...... it's a win win, you get a place to ride your bike on a prepped track, and he gets your $20 to ride for the day to help him maintain his business. I see no reason to try to steer people away from going there for practice, we all need places to ride and race and the fighting between Vets, Vintage, Kids, Quads, 3 Wheelers, Modern, hare scramblers, whatever off road motorcycle thing you want to ride should ban together to help keep our riding areas going. That's just my opinion on the subject though......

While BC is busy trying to make a place and organization to bring top level current MX to the area, I don't think having a track like his C track that is relatively nice for beginners / vintage / slower riders is classified as "doesn't like VET Riders of Old Bikes". JO gives everyone a place to ride for practice and if you have the money to pay for the practice, he won't turn you away for being a Vet rider or having an old bike. He'll let you ride just like anyone else........

Will he set up a race for Vintage stuff or push for an AHRMA or AMA Vintage event???? NO, but that's not his bread and butter and he's super busy building an organization for Modern Bikes and modern racing. Just use him for what you can, and he'll use you for what he can...... it's a win win, you get a place to ride your bike on a prepped track, and he gets your $20 to ride for the day to help him maintain his business. I see no reason to try to steer people away from going there for practice, we all need places to ride and race and the fighting between Vets, Vintage, Kids, Quads, 3 Wheelers, Modern, hare scramblers, whatever off road motorcycle thing you want to ride should ban together to help keep our riding areas going. That's just my opinion on the subject though......

I agree, I have been critical of BC at times, but at the end of the day he needs customers, and we need a place to ride our bikes. Is the C track perfect, no but its a great place to put some hours on.

I agree, I have been critical of BC at times, but at the end of the day he needs customers, and we need a place to ride our bikes. Is the C track perfect, no but its a great place to put some hours on.
Mike if you to put hours on this weekend action sports has a gp Decade class at 11 Pv 130 & +50 at 3

Mike if you to put hours on this weekend action sports has a gp Decade class at 11 Pv 130 & +50 at 3
I thought you were wrong with those times and classes but I checked the site and for the first time in forever things have changed! Works for me even if I did finally have one bike for all three sessions the "old" way.
You can ride old bikes at all of the GP races.

Last edited:
Just saw this on Action Sports facebook page:
With such a great weather forecast we hate to waste Sunday, so we are planning to hold an open practice on Sunday from 10 AM to 4 PM. BUT, our insurance provider informed me today that we must have a "FIRST RESPONDER" EMT on site during practice to help with an injured rider until a squad arrives. I am currently working on this and I will post something here and on the Action Sports website.

That would be my plan for sure so I will keep my fingers crossed that happens. Not ruling out the GP either put I haven't been on the bike, or even started it, since October I think.

They cater to Vintage, Post Vintage, and Decade Class

11:00-Session 1 (Motorcycle)

1. Lightweight Novice (C) (250cc and under)

2. 2 stoke light - 125 - 225 B/C

3. Heavyweight B (251cc and up)

4. Open B/C (125cc and up)

5. 4 Stroke Lightweight B (250cc and under)

6. Open Pro 125cc and up)

7. Open Vintage 125 - Open (PRE 1975)

8. Decade class, bike must be 10 years old to race this class. 2006 or older.

=============================

1:30-Session 4 (Motorcycle)

20. OPEN Novice (C) (100cc and up)

21. OPEN B (2 & 4 stroke)

22. 4 Stroke Heavyweight (251cc and up)

23. Open A (125cc and up) (100% payback)

24. Open post vintage 125-open (1975-1983)

25. 25+

26. 40+

I thought you were wrong with those times and classes but I checked the site and for the first time in forever things have changed! Works for me even if I did finally have one bike for all three sessions the "old" way.
You can ride old bikes at all of the GP races.

I just spotted this myself over the weekend.
I printed off the race times and class's schedule to see when Joshy would race for the 50cc class, and noticed the 40+ class time had changed. I kind of had it in my mind that if the 50+ class doesn't get any takers that I would drop back and race with the 40+ group so I'm not racing against myself.

Look in the practice updates - Action is running practice on Sunday. MX from 1000 to noon with the GP track open from noon to 1600. Really just the MX track with more terrain IMO. As long as my bike starts that is where I will be.... Drew said he will do this after all of his GPs if it goes well. Let's support this!

Look in the practice updates - Action is running practice on Sunday. MX from 1000 to noon with the GP track open from noon to 1600. Really just the MX track with more terrain IMO. As long as my bike starts that is where I will be.... Drew said he will do this after all of his GPs if it goes well. Let's support this!

So is that the VINTAGE Warm UP plan, Sunday at ACTION sports, I'm in for that, love that track.

Who else is in, Bill, Mike ?????

I'm up to riding my PV bike somewhere on Sunday or Saturday.

Briarcliff C track on either day or Action Sports on Sunday, whatever the consensus might turn out to be. Also be bringing the modern bike along too.

So is it Action Sports Sunday? I may wear myself trying to GP tomorrow. All of my bikes are old now so guess I could take any of them. :)

For me...looks like Briarcliff Saturday and Action Sports on Sunday. Will be taking along the modern and PV bike both days.

Back