Pre gate rituals

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I might be the most anal person when it comes to the gate. It's borderline OCD. Has to be packed a certain way. Bike has to roll in a certain way.

What's your ritual after you hear your number called to the gate?

The only thing I consider OCD that I do is check my fuel petcock about a thousand times! It even gets on MY nerves! Ha ha

Fuel Petcock 34,643 times. Check gas level 23,463 times, pray to escape the C class pileup

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

1. Check fuel petcock
2. Knock dirt out of my goggles
3. Check fuel petcock
4. Rock back and forth
5. Check front brake
6. Check fuel petcock
7. Give a thumbs up to the guys next to me
8. Check fuel petcock
9. Put goggles on
10. Check fuel petcock
11. Pray, I'm not the religious type, but still let whoever is watching me to keep me safe no matter how I finish.
11. Check fuel petcock
12. Hold the throttle to the stop and wait for the gate.

I've pulled three holeshots in my life. I'm terrible at starts.. it makes for a better story saying I passed a bunch of people anyway. Everyone has their thing, my main thing growing up was hoping I made it out of the first turn alive racing C class. However, this was when we actually had 40 rider gates at oir on a regular race day.

I miss racing and the big gates as nervous as I was, it was a feeling unlike any other.

On another note, someone needs to have another two stroke day like the one at oir years ago. Over 40 two strokes ripping off the line. I did horrible in that race but it was pretty awesome we had that many bikes lined up.

So.... who's doing a two stroke shootout this year??

Day and age of fuel injected bikes, the " check the Petcock " ritual with be no more.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Calm check petcock and shake my head real fast back and forth to scratch my dome. Ask the man above to keep me safe and pin it!

Sent from my SM-G900P using PitRacer mobile app

I'm pretty sure that's unfortunately what caused Ron Boyas' crash. That's why I check mine.
I believe it is i was out on the boyas property riding last year and I remember hearing about the accident.... rip

Sent from my SM-G900P using PitRacer mobile app

1. Look around and try to decide which guy I can beat - there is usually one slower than me
2, Wonder - no matter if I just went why being on the gate makes me need to take a Whiz.
3. Check the petcock and choke
4. I still need to pee
5. Check the petcock and choke
6. Let the bike die putting my goggles on and struggle to get it restarted
7. Restart the bike
8. Curse at myself for needing to pee
9. Wonder why the guy with the board isn't a Monster Energy girl
10. Wait for somebody else to get their 30 year old bike started and hope mine will keep running

GO

I'm pretty sure that's unfortunately what caused Ron Boyas' crash. That's why I check mine.
Exact reason I check mine the way I do. That crash scared the hell out of me. Ronnie actually bought that house off of my aunt. My cousin and I used to fish in the pond when we were younger. We never thought a motocross track would be built there and crazy enough, my cousin lives 2 minutes down the road. Still never have had a chance to ride it. The place looks still looks pretty awesome.. if anyone would like to invite me to ride I can't say I'd turn down the opportunity..... hint hint.

What happened to ronnie was a crazy sad turn of events. I remember watching him at beechwood (now I feel old).
R.I.P. 915

Back