CTMX wrapup

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
With our first area qualifier round in the books I'd like to give a recap from a promoters viewpoint. This events preparations began several months ago. It's arguable that we put as much work into this event as we did when we first built the track 6 years ago. From the construction thru the event operations I feel like we done a very good job. We had several new riders and spectators in attendance. I had several folks come to me personally and tell us good job. I also know we did not operate flawlessly and I'm sure we never will. As a team and as a track we will continuously implement plans to improve. We promoted the guts out of this event and I will admit I'm surprised by the low turnouts. Camper and spectator attendance was where we thought it would be but the rider entries was lower than expected. I suppose one could ponder the reasons why this happened, but we'll take notes, and hope that we can get another shot at a qualifier next year. We've already began work on promotions for our Battle For Ohio Round. Thanks to our team of workers and thanks to all of those that supported CTMX this past weekend. As always, everyone's input is welcome. Thanks, Jeremy

You did a good job as always and the amount of work that was done was staggering. I can't believe how quickly you all changed everything around.

I wouldn't be too worried about the turnout. Yes, a little disappointing but you have to remember that when people are picking the LLQ to go to many times they just pick whatever slots into their schedule. Especially when it's a first time track showing up on there. Now that you've had one the turnout will be better next time. At first you are just one of eight races listed on the schedule and it takes that first experience by many to then slot it as the "go to race" next time around.

I guess the one disappointment is that it seemed like a lot of the "regular" CTown crowd didn't show up. But again, with qualifier events you just never know what racers are going to do and where they will go. Sort of goes back to that discussion about whether to pay OMA points or not....just a tough call either way.

There are alot like me and matthew, not trying to qualify. So they don't want all the extra expense thru the gate, registration, etc. CTMX always uses transponders so it ended costing us about $25 extra to race sunday only than a normal ctmx race. To us, we are going to pay it, we want to race CTMX. Others won't.

Many guys won't go either because instead of being top 10, they are going to be top 25 because of fast guys. To me, it should not matter where you finish. Hell, pit, myself and Double D were not at the front but we all had fun racing each other.

It's disappointing to me to see tons of guys that never missed a DMC, DC, COCR or Treaty race in SWOHMX, they go to Pachetta and BC over the weekend, but won't go race CTMX. Those are the guys you need to somehow get to the track to race.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

We promoted the guts out of this event and I will admit I'm surprised by the low turnouts

Your efforts at putting on a fantastic event like this one will always pay off at your next event. Do not forget that. You are always promoting your next event to be bigger better by doing the best you can this time.

If you said screw it and did not maintain the track or have a bad attitude, it would reflect in your next event attendance.

Fantastic, everything....your hard work showed. Saturday nights band was awesome, thank you.

Qualifiers are a tough bird. Seems if your the first one you get 900 entries. But the weather can't be reliable up here for that.

If you're in the meat of the qualifier season with various other areas running on top people will pick what best option is for them. And by best option sometimes they will pick based on where the the super elite might go. I rememeber picking a regional trying to figure out where Stewart villopoto and alessi wouldn't be....because back then that only left 3 spots to qualify in a stacked field. I know it sounds cheap, but that's another dynamic you're going to battle with when having a qualifier.

Your battle series I feel is the state puller. It's a good race to build for regionals and multi staters will come in. Plus all the Ohio people who aren't chasing lorettas will be there.

I used to just run qualifier and a regional to get two decent gates of racing. Now I don't have to do that because the Ohio battle series is clearly competitive both for the newby and for a pre-vet rider. The competition is a happy medium. It's not Austin forkner fast but it's not 250C slow and out of control. It's a nice mix of competitiveness. Your battle round will CRUSH it with entries.

I guess the one disappointment is that it seemed like a lot of the "regular" CTown crowd didn't show up. But again, with qualifier events you just never know what racers are going to do and where they will go. Sort of goes back to that discussion about whether to pay OMA points or not....just a tough call either way.

At the High Point ATV National, District 6 pays first place points to all district member who enter. Nice little bonus to draw some of the regulars who would otherwise skip.

At the High Point ATV National, District 6 pays first place points to all district member who enter. Nice little bonus to draw some of the regulars who would otherwise skip.
Great idea!!! OMA should think about that.

You guys do an awesome job and I know what kind of hours you put into it and you have a great facility. One thing I think hurt the turnout as far as the vet classes was the videos posted. One was of a kid rolling everyone of the 20 doubles on the track and then 2 of Hudson and Lane busting everything at warp speed and they are both great riders, Kinda came off as an outdoor arenacross not an outdoor facility .
I am not bagging on anything about the place because it is pretty sweet and I would love to see some Ohio boys continue on to the big show and do well. Keep up the Hard work.

For an area qually where there are so many kids and vets it is too supercross. Tame the angles and make more forgiving landings. The in field step up can be a nice huck if you lower the table top making it a more forgiving landing and a more consistent launch angle on the single.

Same with the back two doubles. Or
Don't change a thing and we will still come.

Back