Malcolm Stewart skipping outdoors.....

JB_519

PR Addict
Per RacerX , Malcolm will sit out pro outdoor to prep for 2017 450 sx/mx . Wonder is this was more his idea or team Geico . Didn't see this coming . Any thoughts ???

Why not, his older brother is getting paid for not racing.

Almost felt bad for typing that, almost - then I though about how "the expert aficionados" would respond and typed away.

Seriously, I enjoy watching Malcom race and love his rawness and enthusiasm during his interviews. He looks like he is having a blast and always remembers to credit his brother.

It might be a smart move for him to get ready for SX on a 450. He is a strong guy and will add excitement next year. I can't remember if it was Vegas or the race before when he went down. He yanked the bike up like it weighed nothing.

Just think, Malcom and Peick going after Friese at the same time.

I'm not on board with this. Good thing for Malcolm is, my opinion isn't worth a dime.

I'm of the belief that if you're a professional racer and you're healthy, you should be out there. According to Mathes (another expert...) he was contracted to do outdoors. Not sure if that's worth anything though.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Malcolm, Pieck, and Frieese will be battling each other alright for 10th place.

I read Malcolm had a SX and MX contract with Gieco this year. something is definitely going on.

Personally I've said it a hundred times on pit racer. at that level of racing, you need to be lining up on the gate with the best every time possible. Nothing replaces racing with the Dungey and Roczens of the world. You lose a little something.

Malcolm needs to be racing the best now if he thinks he is going to compete to with them next year in SX.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe he just doesnt feel like racing? After all it is his life. Maybe he wants to relax, maybe the pressure of the sx win got to him, maybe he wants to fish. Maybe he wants to help his brother race. Who knows why.

Its very clear, contradictory to what John259 thinks, they dont need the money, they only do it for the love of the sport. Maybe he doesnt think he will have fun this summer. Whats wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with it. But that is why guys like Dungey, Roczen, tomac, and Webb will smoke him in the 450 class. You don't become a 450 champ going fishing. If he is in the 250 west Malcolm is probably 4th or 5th in the championship.

Nothing wrong with it. But that is why guys like Dungey, Roczen, tomac, and Webb will smoke him in the 450 class. You don't become a 450 champ going fishing. If he is in the 250 west Malcolm is probably 4th or 5th in the championship.

Thats my point, obviously racing isnt his #1 priority in life. I think you're just a Stewart family hater. Funny because they are probably one of the tightest most normal family in MX, definitely a role model for our sport. 95% of Pro MX families are ruined by our sport......

Not a hater at all. I mentioned on here a while back. Vet guy parked next to me in Daytona has known the family forever, lived close to them and his son raced Bubba for years.

He mentioned that Bubba is an ass to him today and acts like he does not know him. Said that Malcolm is great, very down to earth and speaks like he always has. He said Big James is great too. This guy had a couple classic cars and Big James has cars too. Said they see each other at cruise ins and stuff all the time, and that Big James is still great. He just said he lost a lot of respect for Bubba over the years.

Its a job, somebody needs to hire him, or not. Obviously nobody thinks he is worth hiring to represent them.

Malcolm, Pieck, and Frieese will be battling each other alright for 10th place.

What was the highlight for you during the 2016 SX season? Where did you hit back on the DVR or when did you fall asleep for the West Coast races?

Was it Dungey out front the majority of the time with no battling, passing or drama.
Was it Pieick pounding the crap out of Friese after tangling a few times?
Was it some of the good racing in the LCQs?

For me I saw the best racing well back of the top 3-5. I don't mind watching great battles for 10th place.

Its a job, somebody needs to hire him, or not. Obviously nobody thinks he is worth hiring to represent them.

I had more fun watching Malcom race in 2016 SX than most other riders. I bet I am not the only one. I have a hard time believing he is not marketable or employable.

I would rather sit out supercross and race outdoors...

Maybe it is a budget thing and Geico is watching the cash, who knows.
Good for Malcom, I wish I had a day off. OK got to go load up for apple cabin!

Has anyone stopped to think that maybe he just doesnt feel like racing? After all it is his life. Maybe he wants to relax, maybe the pressure of the sx win got to him, maybe he wants to fish. Maybe he wants to help his brother race. Who knows why.

Its very clear, contradictory to what John259 thinks, they dont need the money, they only do it for the love of the sport. Maybe he doesnt think he will have fun this summer. Whats wrong with that?
You're really bored lately. Pot stir spoon must be square up your ass.

Back