Aldon Baker to KTM

John250

PR Founding Father
This is some huge news for KTM and Husqvarna. Baker will exclusively train KTM and Husqvarna riders only. It also mentions working with up and coming KTM riders. I would think the services of Baker will help secure a lot of the top rider into the KTM camp moving forward. The Japanese teams are going to have to start stepping up quickly, because in the off road world KTM is leaving them in the dust quickly on all fronts.

http://www.vitalmx.com/news/press-release/Aldon-Baker-Joins-KTM-Group,19972

KX514

PR Member
I'm probably going to be the only one with this opinion, but I can see the potential for this to go very wrong in some cases. His program is not for everyone. Not to mention, a lot of guys don't like being told who they are working with. I don't know, I'm probably wrong. Just seems like an odd deal in my opinion.

hershey

PR Elite
He is very difficult to train under. Many riders have quit because they felt he over trained them, that is a very real problem in MX. Roczen left because Baker wouldnt let him eat enough. Look at Bakers riders, they are always on the extremely lean side.

Dont get me wrong, as soon as Dungey went full time there I said he would step his game up. This is the best Dungey has ever ridden. BUt I believe they are a good match. I think most others wont like his training technique.