Sandusky Valley May 21-22

Tank maybe just haven ck1 run the next race for you....He is a expert ! Hahaha

Aficionado... come on, get it right...

A very small tweak would make a HUGE difference. Starting the next moto before the track is empty. Wasting just 2 min each moto adds up to an hour by the end of the day.
Im still not sure what the story was with 65 open class... Last moto before intermission then first moto after intermission (was moved back one for the water truck debacle in the first turn) What was that all about?

Oh yeah, the pit riding is REALLY bad. The little boy on the Honda 50 must have done 612 laps around the pits all day. He never stopped. Quads everytime I turned around. And no, quads were not raced. 2 little kids riding pw's with no helmets. (Dad of the year) and the best, a 10 year old driving a 6X6 John Deere tank with various kids jumping on and off. The pits were pretty full and compact around the track. If I can walk my fat arse around all day then you don't need pit bikes.

One more thing. Thanks for the bike wash station. I had a total brain fart. Brought 35 gallons of water and a pressure washer but forgot the generator. I win the dumbass of the day award. Pretty sure my son did a U-turn on the track at some point, because he missed one mud hole and had to go back and get it.

Aficionado... come on, get it right...

A very small tweak would make a HUGE difference. Starting the next moto before the track is empty. Wasting just 2 min each moto adds up to an hour by the end of the day.
Im still not sure what the story was with 65 open class... Last moto before intermission then first moto after intermission (was moved back one for the water truck debacle in the first turn) What was that all about?

Oh yeah, the pit riding is REALLY bad. The little boy on the Honda 50 must have done 612 laps around the pits all day. He never stopped. Quads everytime I turned around. And no, quads were not raced. 2 little kids riding pw's with no helmets. (Dad of the year) and the best, a 10 year old driving a 6X6 John Deere tank with various kids jumping on and off. The pits were pretty full and compact around the track. If I can walk my fat arse around all day then you don't need pit bikes.

They were doing that on Saturday practice too. Would not let the next practice group out on the track until the previous group had completely cleared out. Maybe that makes sense when its Minis and your about to send A/B out.. but when its A/B out there and you're about to let C out.. and most of A stays out anyways... whats the point.

I was surprised by the amount of SxSs on Sat too

Tank maybe just haven ck1 run the next race for you....He is a expert ! Hahaha

I have to agree with all of ck1's points. My son was also running the 65 classes and i saw the same things. Overall it is a nice track but with the few tweaks ck1 mentioned it could be phenomenal.

Starting the next moto before the track is empty.

I remember once there some dude crossed the finish and then still turned left right in front of a Vet class that had just dropped the gate and some poor guy T-boned him.

Oh yeah, that was ME executing the T-bone.....Heck that kid I TBoned is probably a vet racer by now.

I remember once there some dude crossed the finish and then still turned left right in front of a Vet class that had just dropped the gate and some poor guy T-boned him.

Oh yeah, that was ME executing the T-bone.....Heck that kid I TBoned is probably a vet racer by now.

Oooof. Probably why they started waiting :eek:

On the 65 open deal, I believe it was a domino effect. One small oversight turned into 4 more problems. Water truck crew didn't help either.

Obviously the crew doesn't run 4 races a month but I think they did the best they could with what they had to work with. It's a big track with long motos made it a long day as well. My boy was whooped.

A few tweaks and it would be great. If we could just see more of the track....

Edit: see more of the track during the race. At least a line of sight through the trees so we can see if the helmets are still moving. I heard on the radios you guys seemed to keep an eye on the kids, would just make me feel a little better

Last edited:
FB_IMG_1464028415583.jpg

Here is a pic of what the trees hide

View attachment 52309
Here is a pic of what the trees hide
I know that exact corner VERY well. Think I own you about $5 for the amount of dirt I drug out of that corner since my son fell there every lap of practice... He will learn that darn clutch thing as some point. ( I hope)
The soil is great, cut some of those tree and show it off.

Gofar- bars racing was taking pictures and one of our members did as well. I don't know who else was. To view our members photos you have to join her group on Facebook "that girl with the camera at svr". Or let me know # and class, I will look.

Cool. I'm not on bookface, wife is, I'll have her check it out. Thanks!

#892-65 jr

Last edited:
Back