Local Two-Stroke Cylinder Repair Shops

DP737

PR Member
I am looking for a reputable local engine repair shop to do some boring & honing work on two stroke dirtbike and jetski cylinders. I called around today after searching for local shops in the Cleveland area and it seems like a lot of the local guys don't like to touch two stroke cylinders. Any recommendations?

Last edited:
I've taken several 2 stroke cylinders to Moto-tech for bore jobs in Mansfield and they do an excellent job. One trip there was to have a cylinder looked at that had a seize up and they felt a hone would clean it up fine. Honed it while I waited and then didn't even charge me!

I will continue to use them in the future as I've been VERY impressed with them! Their number is (419) 512-3588.

Moto-Tech does an awesome job as had him bore several of my vintage 2-stroke cylinders a few years back and don't think you will find anyone better job. Checked the bore sizes and he was dead on perfect on all of them. Sure hope he still has a shop open as a great old school mechanic. He also races Speedway and has one bad ass Jawa!

Back