Attention!! Update!! Attention!! Update!!

Our schedule this weekend is as follows..
Closed Saturday
Closed Sunday!! Forgot about daughters graduation!
Open practice Monday 5/30. 10:00 - 4:00
Have a great weekend!

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Last edited:
:D:D:D
We've been scrambling to figure out how to do the Malvern race, but are having family challenges, but we need to get some riding in.
You just helped us. See ya Sunday, and maybe Monday too.

Thanks.

:D:D:D
We've been scrambling to figure out how to do the Malvern race, but are having family challenges, but we need to get some riding in.
You just helped us. See ya Sunday, and maybe Monday too.

Thanks.
Happy to help! Malvern will be a great time if you can make it out there

Sounds good!
Anybody else taking their post vintage bike to 62 on either of those days?
Be taking my modern bike and 84 RM250 to 62 on one of those days.

I'm also looking forward to 62's AHRMA event!

image.jpeg

If I get time tomorrow to work on my 74 MX250, just might take it Sunday for a couple heat cycles on my fresh cylinder work.

If I get time tomorrow to work on my 74 MX250, just might take it Sunday for a couple heat cycles on my fresh cylinder work.

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but don't you have an 84 YZ250 that needs to be ridden?

DAMN!

I'm just now getting the update on Sunday cancellation.
The wife and I have been scrambling all day to get our bikes and gear ready for a family ride day tomorrow. All four of our (adult) kids and their spouses were coming, and all of the grandkids, ( 3 riders, and 3 babies).
On Monday, my mother is doing her usual holiday family cookout, so that takes the family out of the riding picture.

I may still try to make it out Monday for a little while with the oldest grandson so that we can at least get some track time in. He has only ridden once since his last race at Action Sports.

Thanks for the opportunity and the effort.

Maybe I'm thinking of someone else but don't you have an 84 YZ250 that needs to be ridden?

Hi Mooch,

I got a garage and barn full of bikes that all need ridden. :D
I've become an expert at excuses and reasons why my bikes are all beat up and need work.

After Vintage Days last summer, I worked on the 84 and found out I needed power valve linkage parts. I also needed rear brake parts, and I also needed to finish work on the rear swing arm adjuster blocks. I also needed parts for the KDX. The 74 MX250, and the 98 CR250 both needed top end work. I bought a bunch of parts over the winter, and still have more needing ordered, and sent cylinders out for work. Spare time is precious and rare in my household so I actually almost have to schedule time in to work on the bikes. It's crazy!

I'm scrambling to work on the bikes based on the racing schedule. The 98 CR250 had to get started first since the first GP race began last month. I'm also trying to get the kids bikes in riding shape so I can capitalize on available opportunities to get them riding. And the wife and I are talking daily as to what race events we intend to get to this summer.

I took this weekend off of work to get a little of it done, and we did make some progress today. I even drug out the 81 IT250 and fired it up this evening. I would really like to see if I can get in shape enough to possibly race at Camp Cattail in a couple weeks. But first I need to look closer at the schedule to see what other races ( and family events) are that weekend. Thursday night I tore into the Yamaha RT100, plugged pilot jet. I finished it up today, along with other repairs it needed to get it ready for tomorrow for the kids. I also worked on the wife's quad so she could ride as well.

One hidden blessing in all of this madness though is that after my car got stolen, rather than shopping for another work car, I decided to start riding my street bike more for work. It's pretty cold in the mornings, but overall I'm having a blast riding it.

Hi Mooch,

I got a garage and barn full of bikes that all need ridden. :D
I've become an expert at excuses and reasons why my bikes are all beat up and need work.

After Vintage Days last summer, I worked on the 84 and found out I needed power valve linkage parts. I also needed rear brake parts, and I also needed to finish work on the rear swing arm adjuster blocks. I also needed parts for the KDX. The 74 MX250, and the 98 CR250 both needed top end work. I bought a bunch of parts over the winter, and still have more needing ordered, and sent cylinders out for work. Spare time is precious and rare in my household so I actually almost have to schedule time in to work on the bikes. It's crazy!

I'm scrambling to work on the bikes based on the racing schedule. The 98 CR250 had to get started first since the first GP race began last month. I'm also trying to get the kids bikes in riding shape so I can capitalize on available opportunities to get them riding. And the wife and I are talking daily as to what race events we intend to get to this summer.

I took this weekend off of work to get a little of it done, and we did make some progress today. I even drug out the 81 IT250 and fired it up this evening. I would really like to see if I can get in shape enough to possibly race at Camp Cattail in a couple weeks. But first I need to look closer at the schedule to see what other races ( and family events) are that weekend. Thursday night I tore into the Yamaha RT100, plugged pilot jet. I finished it up today, along with other repairs it needed to get it ready for tomorrow for the kids. I also worked on the wife's quad so she could ride as well.

One hidden blessing in all of this madness though is that after my car got stolen, rather than shopping for another work car, I decided to start riding my street bike more for work. It's pretty cold in the mornings, but overall I'm having a blast riding it.
Call me 740-404-9240

NQ...I didn't even see you yesterday. I took out my modern bike and 84 RM250, never even unloaded the modern bike.

I definitely like the new layout @ RT62...thanks for being open yesterday! Track was especially nice after the mid-day disking and watering.

We pulled in around 10:30, I spotted you on your RM out on the track.
Then as Lonnie went out to disc and water again at mid-day, we were loading to leave. We were supposed to be at mom's at 1 pm for her cookout. We were late getting there, but at least we made it.

The boy and I had a blast on the track. We especially loved the rollers.
I spent a lot of time up in the barn with the grandsons. Our 7yr old must of done 75 laps on the little mini track, with me and the 4yr old following him on the RT100. We are really looking forward to our next trip to Rt62.

Last edited:
Back