How to go from 26th to 5th at a Red Bud regional!!

hershey

PR Elite
Austin didnt fare as well as we hoped, he rode great but a crash in moto 1 and being in 40th then 2 terrible starts killed his chances. He went 21-5-10 for 10th overall.

Here is a helmet cam of his from behind charge to 5th place in moto 2. Best I could count he as as far back as 26 around turn one.

Last edited:
That was pretty cool. He was picking great lines and carrying a lot of speed down the ski jump. He's obviously not afraid to gas it down hill!

10th overall is pretty close. I would send your money in for LL, he might make it as an alternate!

Shoulda just pushed him off the line hombre. That's really cool! What a ride. Good to see his progression.

Heck yeah, I bet he's in. Do you have any other regionals?

I wish locally there was that many P-Dubs lining the gate. They're really fun to watch when they're out in full gate force!

Last edited:
Great job just being there. The thing about regional slight mistake could cost big time.

Were you wearing a Hershey shirt on Saturday? Might have seen you up there.

That was pretty cool. He was picking great lines and carrying a lot of speed down the ski jump. He's obviously not afraid to gas it down hill!

10th overall is pretty close. I would send your money in for LL, he might make it as an alternate!

Thanks, I was really amazed at how well he did in many areas after watching this! Its tough telling on a track so large what they are doing. I couldnt be more proud of the little guy! The lap times show he has the speed so we are going to NCMP in 2 weeks for the SE region. Obviously we will be concentrating on starts until then lol.

jrminiquad , who else would dare want to wear a shirt claiming to be me? Hell, Im afraid half the time! It was this years Pitracer shirt!

I cant believe you didnt stop over to say hi.

That video was great Dave! He did so awesome. You have every right to be proud, he was dialed in and had no fear! Little guys/gals running into you, falling down.. not keeping their line.. but he conquered all of that! We can't forget how old he is! There are many older kids and adults who can't handle that pressure!

Get the QT gear for that bike..smaller tracks and hills way to go...plus starts will come around.

I really liked that he doesn't follow the other kids lines and drives a bit deeper into the corners . I know nothing about these little bikes but it seemed like some of the others had a little more pickup accelerating off the corners ? Enjoyed the video .

I really liked that he doesn't follow the other kids lines and drives a bit deeper into the corners . I know nothing about these little bikes but it seemed like some of the others had a little more pickup accelerating off the corners ? Enjoyed the video .

I'd be willing to bet..based on some of elevation and fact these parents know starts are everything on a gate of 42 like Austin had..holy cow I couldn't believe my eyes as his Moto was before Mitchy's, some had the QT gear in place. Like putting a larger tooth rear sprocket on. I agree some seemed to pull harder..indicative of what I'm saying.

The QT gears are in the bike, I just put a new top end in and Ive even polished the QT gears for perfect meshing and less friction. I think its mostly the rider not twisting the throttle all the way. We are going to work on the regrip technique this week. He had the 4th fastest pw lap in moto 2 working through the pack so a few tweaks and hopefully he earns his ticket next race.

Okay good deal..yeah if he rips the throttle with that gear..he should explode out the gate..good luck

Does hanging the rear brake up and holding her wide open before the drop help out at all? I think I used to do that. Ha. Can't rememeber if it was worth it or not though. I just rememeber my dad always welding the frame.

Back