Vintage class at BC race this Sunday?

mshafer62

PR Addict
If we had 5 or 6 guys we could have an old bike class.
No points, no trophies, 1 class, 2 motos.
To me, the current track configuration is more vintage friendly than in the past.
I know some of the frequent vintage racers will be in Unadilla (I'm envious and hope you have fun!) but I'm staying local this weekend.
So I'm wondering is there interest?

Last edited:
I don't have a PV bike ready yet but I am willing to bring and race my vintage bike.
A single old bike class would be awesome if everybody approves.

Can I ride my 1990 YZ125 in this class if I bring it? It recently got done doing another makeover on it and need to ride it to go over things and set it up.

20160516_193211.jpg

That's a beaut!
Yes, it would be fine but currently, we don't have enough riders to have our own class.
It's just a bad weekend with so many people going to Unadilla.

From the replies here plus 2 others, we have 5 riders for an old bike class on Sunday.
If you haven't replied and want to race, come join us!

I saw this for a fleeting second in the general forum, or at least I though I did. Race week is a blur. When Mark contacted me, I told him that if we can get 5 to commit, then we would have a class for old bikes. We can do the same for the Battle coming up in August. Whether its vintage, post vintage, bomber, drum brakes, twin shock, special fender, metal tank, muffler bearings lubed or air forks......that's between you guys. I think it would be cool to run a class, or possibly a gate drop with a couple classes mixed together. Like say pick the two most popular in terms of the machines that people have. No decade class, 2006 is not that old to me. Heck, some people are racing decade bikes in the normal classes. Its up to you guys, Im not posting this on FB either.

Back