I'm back......and torn between two worlds!

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
I've been away for awhile finally finished building my house and back to riding! My predicament comes with the 2017 KTMs I currently ride a 13 450 SXF and am considering going to the 17 250 SX, however I have ridden 4 strokes for so long I don't know if I'd like going to a 2 stroke. I just need the input from you guys as to why I should go one way or another. Either way this fat cat will have a new KTM soon! Thanks for the help guys! Now to catch up with the forum!

John250

PR Founding Father
Stay on a4 stroke. If you have not rode much the 4 stroke makes you a much better rider.

saplakc

PR Addict
I had a 14.5 fe and rode my buddies 15 250sx. Thought it was much more difficulty. Imo

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

ktrop251

PR Member
2 stroke. Switch it up and try something new for a comeback. You can get back to the basics if you've been off for a while. Plus the new ktm 250 looks awesome.
2 strokes are more challenging to ride but once you get it down, so much more fun. 4 strokes are definitely much easier to ride than a 2 stroke.
Either way you can't go wrong. Just get out and ride!

john lilly

PR Addict
I've been away for awhile finally finished building my house and back to riding! My predicament comes with the 2017 KTMs I currently ride a 13 450 SXF and am considering going to the 17 250 SX, however I have ridden 4 strokes for so long I don't know if I'd like going to a 2 stroke. I just need the input from you guys as to why I should go one way or another. Either way this fat cat will have a new KTM soon! Thanks for the help guys! Now to catch up with the forum!
I don't know your age, weight or riding ability but Meister went from a 2 stroke to a 4 stroke and I believe is happy with his decision so, you may want his input!!!

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
the 250 will haul you around no problem but is a lot more work to ride for sure. i have a 15 husky 350 and i feel like its not any slower than 450 just a little different riding style to go faster on it (ride it more like a 250f) maybe that would interest you? try to ride one of those if you can

L_M_892

PR Member
Was on a 250f in 2011. Then went to a 125 and 250 until this spring. Im back on a 4 stroke and enjoy it much, much more. Can ride for longer, push harder and overall have a lot more fun.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Was on a 250f in 2011. Then went to a 125 and 250 until this spring. Im back on a 4 stroke and enjoy it much, much more. Can ride for longer, push harder and overall have a lot more fun.
That's funny cuz I'm the exact opposite. I'm the same way but on 2 strokes.

Meister

PR Founding Father
Tough decision. My 15 250sx, after a few minor mods, was the funnest 2 stroke I've ever had. However, it took me (at 215), a hell of alot more effort to go nearly as fast as my four stroke pace.. Now my 16 450sxf is my favorite 450 I've had. Light, nimble, killer motor that you can ring out or lug around. I chose a 450 this year because I wanted all the HP I could get for lorettas qualifiers.. There's the middle guy too, which I have not owned, but have ridden. The 350. That bike is gun as hell because it corners n pulls like a 450, but you ring it out like a 250f. If I was lighter, it would have been a serious decision as to which I would have bought.

Easiest bike to ride "fast", the 450 no doubt.

Pure fun, more work, 250 smoker.

Fun and pretty easy to go fast on, the 350..

Tough decision, but next year, I'll have another smoker. For FUN. (no big races like Loretta qualifiers and the like)..

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
Thanks for the input guys.....think I'm going to stick with the 450 to be on the safe side! I know I'll love it and don't want to take the chance on disliking the 250 and trying to sell it

saplakc

PR Addict
I bought a KTM 450 fe and lost my ass after owning it for a year. Paid over 10. Sold for 6500. 34 hours. Make sure you want one and ride someone else's before you commit. I went from a 450 to a yz125 then to a 250f and couldn't be happier.

ChubbyCat113

PR Member
I bought a KTM 450 fe and lost my ass after owning it for a year. Paid over 10. Sold for 6500. 34 hours. Make sure you want one and ride someone else's before you commit. I went from a 450 to a yz125 then to a 250f and couldn't be happier.

We'll I plan on this being the last bike I buy for a while. Got the whole grown up thing going on. Just built a house and getting married soon so I'm trying to buy my final toys before the kiddies come along lol