I'm back......and torn between two worlds!

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
Thanks for the input guys.....think I'm going to stick with the 450 to be on the safe side! I know I'll love it and don't want to take the chance on disliking the 250 and trying to sell it

I think this is a good choice. Ive been riding an rm250 for the past three years. Its fun as hell, was cheap to rebuild, and faster than i need it to be. But, Im constantly hanging onto this bike. Two laps later im worn out. Im now on the fence of finding a 450 because a four stroke is alot easier for me to ride (that sounds bad) but its the truth. A four stroke bike is relaxing to ride vs a two stroke. 4 strokes take a blip of the throttle. 2 strokes take all of the throttle. All my opinion of course.

hershey

PR Elite
No they're not, huskys have a few different parts, composite subframe for instance... And the 17 fc450 has 1 more hp that the '17 450sxf

And if you read the tests for the 16 models the Husky got better marks in the handling dept because of the few differences.

The toughest part about buying a new bike is the inability to test each model. Other than a friend that has one or one of the few test ride days you're screwed. It would be great if it were as easy as going to a car dealership for test drives!!

owndjoo

PR Member
Two stroke is definitely much harder to ride fast, but will help make you a faster rider. I would like to get another 450, but keep the CR250 as well. Everyone I know that has added a flywheel weight on their 250's say it made the bike muuuuch easier to ride and helped with the "hanging on" that comes with the power delivery.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Reading this thread has been interesting as well as entertaining.

Every time I ride a modern bike race, my illogical and easily misguided brain tells me that I need to quit beating on my old equipment and finally get with the modern age and get my ass on a 4 stroke. Especially when I get waxed in a race by the competition.

But then something really strange happens: On the way home from the race, I begin thinking back over the day, and how much fun I had. I think about how I finally railed a corner, or how I finally mustered up the balls to clear a jump, or even how I got into a really good challenge on the last lap with another racer, and at that moment realize that is when the racing (and riding) was the funnest. Oh... and the scream of a 2-stroke, there's not a greater sound in the world knowing that it's you that causing it, right as your getting into the powerband.

At 50 years old I don't really need to be any faster. I also don't really need to jump any higher or farther. (even though I still like it and it causes my wife anxiety :D). And I definitely don't need my hobby to be anymore costly than it already is. I don't even need to come in first place, although I'm going to race and push as though I do need it. So, I'll likely be a 2-stroke rider/racer till the end and without regrets.

Good thread.
Carry on.

hershey

PR Elite
You guys belive anything. They are the same bike. They even come in ktm crates. lol

You better check your facts. The Husky's have minor differences that make them have different powerband and handling characteristics. The 16 was under powered by 2 HP yet according to all the shootouts it handled better and they got faster lap times.

KTM manufactures a majority of the bike and yes, the parts come in KTM packaging but they are different bikes. I did my home work before purchasing my 2016 FC450.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
^what he said. I know in 15 comparing 350s the husky was under powered because of the different subframe it was a different airbox design, more restricted and less volume than the KTM.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
^what he said. I know in 15 comparing 350s the husky was under powered because of the different subframe it was a different airbox design, more restricted and less volume than the KTM.

Same on the 450, we drilled a couple holes in the air box to help with breathing... Stein dude, you might wanna go back to the drawing board and get your ish straight dude

Meister

PR Founding Father
Don't wreck a husky too hard. Seen one damn near lose its whole hind end!

Attachments

• IMG_20160604_121443985_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20160604_121443985_HDR.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 178

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
hah ive heard of ppl snapping them just by picking the bike up using the rear fender. anyone that moves my bike always wants to grab it by the fender and i have to yell at them lol..