Smith Road's Annual 4th of July Race

Our 4th of July Race is fast approaching (7-4-16, this is a Monday) Here are the details, feel free to ask questions!
* The Fourth of July (Monday July 4th) gates open at 6:00 am.
* Gate fee is $10 for everyone racing and all spectators 10 and over.
* Everyone must sign in to enter the track.
* If someone needs to drop something off for you, you need to be waiting for them at the gate, or they can leave it for you with one of the staff members at the gate the alternative is that they will have to pay to enter.
* This is a CRA race, However you will NOT have to purchase a CRA card,normal points will be awarded as with any CRA race and their classes will be used a full list of which can be found at racecra.org
* Sign-ups for racing will be in the building accross from the concession stand. Its $25 for the first class and $20 for each additional class
* First place winners can chose a T-shirt, Trophy or Smith Road Bucks, 2nd-3rd place winners can chose a T-shirt or Trophy. The trophies this year are different sizes according to place and very nice.
* Practice starts at 8:00 am
* Races start at 10:00am. We are planning to run 3-4 laps each moto.
* Kids will be on the peewee track from Junior 65 on down.
* Concession stand will be open for the entire race with cold treats and yummy food & we are adding french fries this year!!!
* You can come in Sunday to park your vehicle or drop your trailer but there is NO CAMPING for this event.
* There is NO pit-riding or bicycles allowed on race day, period! This will be enforced!
* If you are interested in flagging pm us with your information. Flaggers need to be 16 or older

Smith Road will be providing free CRA cards to anyone racing the 4th of July race, they can be used for the remainder of the CRA races this season. Sign ups will close at 9:45 so everyone wishing to race will need to be signed up prior to 9:45. Lastly Pit vehicles have become an increasing problem and safety concern, we will be strictly enforcing no pit vehicles (dirtbikes, 3-wheelers, 4-wheelers, razors, golf carts etc) if your not racing it, don't bring it. And if you are racing it, keep the high speeds for the track, not the pits

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

We would like to welcome smith rd to the CRA , and wish them well with their race ,just let us us know if you need anything else Larry looks like the weather is going to be great ! ART and the staff at PYMATUNING

Reminder any spectators who arrive on a motorcycle will be charged $5 admission instead of $10 [emoji6]

I know bobphoto.smugmug.com was there and four photo (can be found on Facebook) beyond that I don't know who else was there

Bob was the only person I saw taking pictures, running around like a mad man!!! Any word on the guy that wrecked hard on that tabletop right after the down hill? I think his name was Jake. I wont lie, I said a couple of swear words when I saw him go down!

Bob was the only person I saw taking pictures, running around like a mad man!!! Any word on the guy that wrecked hard on that tabletop right after the down hill? I think his name was Jake. I wont lie, I said a couple of swear words when I saw him go down!
Haha I do that from time to time. Anybody can check out my pictures at www.bobphoto.smugmug.com What was the kids number who crashed?

Davis was the guys last name. Wrecked right in front of me in 30+. Track was a bit slick from overwatering during the first set of second motos but from what I gathered he hit neutral. Only let us run 3 laps which I was disappointed in. They moved through the day pretty well and I was done by 4pm.

Smith is an iconic Ohio moto track, but it has seen better days, the faces and landings of all the jumps are shot, there's no organic matter left in the dirt and it drys out so quickly even if they dump every ounce of water on it. It was overcast and even rained for a bit and before they were halfway through the first set of motos it was dusty. Not sure if they aren't doing anything to better it because they are getting shut down for the pipe line or what.

Everyone, before this turns into a bitchfest please take you criticisms to the main board. This portion of Pitracer is specifically for posting racing events and schedules. Track owners have a forum here where it is free from complaints.

Please dont take that as meaning you cant do so, feel free to do so in the General MX/SX forum.

Thanks

3 laps☹️☹️☹️☹️☹️ Not that anybody cares but this is exactly why I quit racing.. just can't justify it.. I practice smith regularly and actually enjoy riding there but to spend 100$ plus for maybe a 1/2 or so of track time including practice... No thanks

Back