KOC Wrap Up

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Lots of good racing from Saturday and Sunday, especially from the A classes which were stacked at 34 and 25 entries each on Sunday. 450A results were Hayes -1st, Walker - 2nd, Thomas -3rd, Tristen James - 4th, Cody Penwell- 5th. 250A results were Thomas - 1st, Hayes - 2nd, Kyle Willis - 3rd, John Weaver - 4th, Blain Brown - 5th.

On Saturday I think a large majority were there for the UTVs, but ATV guys like Musick, Osborn (Tyler), Brandon Robinson, Jenkins (Both), were really on the gas too. Of course the ever talented Jason Luburgh wheeled his SxS over every jump at the facility with ease. The 2 time Terra-Cross champion looked like he was having fun, and he did. Rarely is he not happy to railing or jumping something. Always a smile with that guy, and the crowd appreciated his efforts as he continuously lugged the 1000 pound machine over 75-80' jumps. Its very impressive to watch. We will be running these guys at Battle too.

Overall a good weekend with 400 entries. This year that seems to be in line with a good race turnout. Honestly our "non-battle" race in the spring has never had a stellar turnout, it usually is in the 300s, so this is an actual improvement. I think we did lacked in Youth and ATV entries, but our Vet entries were awesome, 50+ and 40+ had big turnouts for their respective classes. So I thank you all for braving the heat, and putting off all 746 other personal things that you could have been doing to come Race with us over the weekend.

I can never do this by myself, I have an army of Cliff supporters that take time away from family and personal agendas to lend a hand.

Volunteers/Workers of the KOC Week/Weekend include:

Big thanks to:
Cara/Reese/Kinsey/Allison
Mom And Dad
Tony Mock
Matt Winland
Brian and Nikki Wood
Kip Davis
Brent McKee
Ron Hall
Jason and Zack Rogers
Dave and Jimmy Hoover
Tyler & Tanner Osborn
Payton Owens
Jimmy Fouts
Brian Finckel
Wink
Connie and Crew - Whitney, Jesse, Amy, Tina
Flaggers - Josh, Nate, Abe, Derrick, Wally, Wayne, JR, Joyce, Kevin, Andrew, James
Staging/Gate - Jimmy, Dan
Adam Campbell
Derrick Everett

Special Thanks to Rob Miracle and Ripped Vinyl, the crowns were awesome, also to my major sponsors: Huntington Bank, Franklin Equipment, Germain Ford, Forklift Training Systems, & Zanesville Materials.

We may not have even had the race had it not been for Franklin Equipment and Zanesville Materials owner, Tony Mock. The Deere went down Friday at 3:00pm. The water pump was out, perfect timing. Luckily Franklin Equipment had a tractor, and Tony had a semi and lowboy to go get it for us. These two companies were the real heroes of the weekend. If you see anyone on the list above, you need to shake their hand and thank them, they deserve it.

Yea, again Thank You to everybody that made it happen. We are proud to have been there.
It is extremely cool that we had so many on the gates for 40+ and 50+. Just a bunch of old guys that love Motocross.

I wanna say thanks to Jeremy, his family and staff for another great weekend of racing. I simply love being at the track with family, friends and fellow racers, watching my son and others compete. Great racing both days. The ProAm race was intense, mind boggling and cool to watch 34 racers duke it out. My son had great battles with his new found friends and watching them bench race and trash talk in between Motos is funny coming from 11 yr olds! I roamed the pits all weekend long, I met a few new racers, new to OMA racers and talked with the regulars. Everyone had a great attitude, took care of their pits, were respectful of others and generally were having a good time. Ohio racers should be proud. Last thing and I know you have all heard it before, track ownership is a commitment, dedication and love for the sport. I help as much as I can along side the other BC posse leading up to race day, so I see first hand the amount of work that goes into an event that our track owners get done. Man, it just seems it is 2 steps forward and one step back somtimes! There is always an agenda that gets destroyed by unforeseen problems that try to knock you off course and take your will. We as racers need to keep up the effort and match the effort that our track owners do for us. We need to support by showing up on race day, thank the staff and get the word out there that Ohio has it going on. See ya soon! Matt Winland and the Fast Jack family.

I'd like to thank my sponsor Fashion Bug for supplying my outfit for the weekend.

It didn't look like a cheetah outfit, but nitrofish moves real fast when riders go down. In the blink of an eye there is a first/second turn crash, and he was instantly on the scene picking up bikes. Nitroflash is more like it.

Had a blast over the weekend!! Can't believe we almost filled the gate in ATV Vet! Track was fun. I couldn't believe the SxS hitting the jumps. Definitely AWESOME to watch. Glad we made the drive.
THANKS!

I thought the same thing. I seen 5-6 in the results that would have been here. I'm not talking about the big motorhome kids, I'm talking the week in and week out OMA local kids.....Maybe they've flown the coop?
I can think of a few that may still be recovering from getting hurt. A hand full of hurt kids and a hand full at regionals, that is most if the minis that have ran this year.
No doubt mini turnout hasn't been there all year.

I'm still riding the HIGH from last weekend.
Burned off the camcorder and helmet cams to DVD for the grandson (family) and me, and glued to them every time I get a moment to sit down to watch them.
Great Event.

Back