CHAD REED CONFIRMS TWO-YEAR MXGP DEAL

Tom

PR Elite

CHAD REED CONFIRMS TWO-YEAR MXGP DEAL |LATEST

16 June 2016 / Text Size(-)(+)/Print
Chad Reed has informed ADB that he has struck a two-year deal to race the MXGP.

The two-year deal will see Reed race select events in the 2016 & 2017 FIM Motocross World Championship. We also believe Reedy will be contesting the 2017 Monster Energy AMA Supercross Championship.

For the full story, check out Chad Reed’s column in the next issue of ADB. On sale July 4.

Subscribe to the ADB newsletter for all the latest dirtbike news and reviews delivered straight to you inbox

Latest rumor is the Jeremy Martin and Cooper Webb are moving the Yamaha factory team to race 450s. For Chad, it might have been his only option.

Latest rumor is the Jeremy Martin and Cooper Webb are moving the Yamaha factory team to race 450s. For Chad, it might have been his only option.
From what Ive heard is that JMart will be doing 250s in SX for factory YZ, then moving to 450s in outdoors. Pretty sure Reed has a SX only deal with them through '17. That would put 2 people factory YZ on 450s indoors (Webb and Reed) and 2 outdoors(Webb and Martin.)

I thought the deal Reed wanted to start with was SX only and to build/ run a factory Yami team bringing those 2 up next year on 450's.

Ok, if its your money, do you give Reed a TWO year deal?
He has not won outside since 2011. So you think he has a chance in 2018? NFW.
His career was done 5 years ago when people started asking "how many years are you going to keep racing" In other words. Your too old and have zero chance so why do you keep showing up? Man I would love to hear a reported say that to him.

If it was my money it wouldn't be enough to entice him.

But. If I was on the committee deciding who to
get that would represent my brand, be prepared as best as he can and be able to make the podium on occasion,
be a freakin picture post card for chasing your dreams, family values, and keeping on keeping on, I'm not sure
I could make a better suggestion.

His career was done 5 years ago when people started asking "how many years are you going to keep racing" In other words. Your too old and have zero chance so why do you keep showing up? Man I would love to hear a reported say that to him.

Yea. He's an American. Bercy paid bubbalicious 100 grand to show up and peick won a quarter of that with that win!!!!!

Yea. He's an American. Bercy paid bubbalicious 100 grand to show up and peick won a quarter of that with that win!!!!!
When you're chad reed or james stewart, you've made a name for youself. The brands want your name for advertising. At that point I'm not sure it matters if they are winning championships. Finishing inside the top 5 is good enough. Hell, even then top 10 it seems anymore. They are past champs, no way either one of them are going to win the series. Using their name for bikes, parts, gear, and clothing boosts sales. Reed is looked at as a past champ and an underdog. That's why he signs million dollar deals. I am a reed fan but I know he's not going to compete with Kroc or dung in outdoors. It's just cool to see him out there still riding and competing. Kevin Windham is a prime example of this. He may have won a little more than reedy but that guy was signing deals and no one said "when are you going to give up?" Or "Why are you here?"

I mean, I guess if your a clothing company and want to sell a few more jerseys then fine, go after the "big" names. But if you are a manufacture I would assume you want your brand to be on the podium if not up front to say look, are bikes can win.
I get it. its a publicity stunt, for sure the camera will find him on the first year or at least the first few rounds that he rides. The second year will be like watching a make-a-wish kid on his special day. Great moment but will it sell? Poto was 100% better outside then Reed and once we buster this taint in half, thats all people remember.

Think about the tone you're setting as yamaha though. You have webb, jmart, reedy, all guys that are solid riders. I suppose reed could be the test dummy for those guys when they move up.
On another note.. why aren't you asking about stewie? Isn't he still factory Suzuki and getting lapped by reed and the rest of the field? Lol just saying, reedy isn't the only "old" guy out there not winning titles. Or... Windham wasn't a contender, never saw anyone bash him for signing deals.
Well, whatever it is, they are all still making more money than I do riding dirtbikes. To make it better, those "old" "washed up" "has beens" could still kick my ass. Good for them. I'd be signing those contracts faster than they came in.

Oh I don't blame the riders AT ALL. Hell, if you can make a living at it them milk every drop. I just look at it from the dumbarse team owners standpoint. Like signing Johnny Football for a 3 year deal. They must smoke more crack then he does.

They're probably smoking more than crack. But hey, if that's what draws a crowd it must be working. I haven't been to any pro events this year but I'd imagine reedy has a line as long as the rest of them. And Johnny football wears a wig so he doesnt get jumped in cleveland.

They're probably smoking more than crack. But hey, if that's what draws a crowd it must be working. I haven't been to any pro events this year but I'd imagine reedy has a line as long as the rest of them. And Johnny football wears a wig so he doesnt get jumped in cleveland.
That is true Reed's a fan favorite

Back