How about those time bomb yz250fs

sq2208

PR Member
Was it team issues manufacturer issues or something else? Weird for 2 bikes to break down for same issue in separate motos.... thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G900P using PitRacer mobile app

All riders to switch to two strokes for remaining outdoor nationals. You heard it here first folks. #twostrokenation

In all seriousness, probably a coincidence. Those bikes are so dialed in its bound to happen. They have them maxed out along with the riders pushing those motors as hard as they can go for 30+ mins.

Yea mx freedom i knew you would chime in lol

Sent from my SM-G900P using PitRacer mobile app

I read somewhere a 450 motor is rebuilt every other round. Not sure about a 250.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app

I read somewhere a 450 motor is rebuilt every other round. Not sure about a 250.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app
Probably every round if not every moto. Those motors are NOT built to last. They are built to withstand 2 motos wfo. The push those things to the max. A motor can only handle so much abuse.

Motors are rebuilt every round.. Frames replaced every 2-3 rounds, tires every Moto... Transworld ran an article on it a few years back

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Probably the same guy rebuilt both engines, and made the same tiny mistake on both. Or some aftermarket part like a new water pump finally met its limits!

I had a bad head gasket from Cometic once. It felt really slick when pulled from the package but thought maybe they know better than I do so I put it in. Was sesping coolant while still on the stand before even starting the bike. Could be something as simple as that. Cometic wouldn't say they had s bad coat job but they gladly overnighted a new kit.

Back