How not to make it to LL PW50 style, NCMP 2016

hershey

PR Elite

Above is a compilation of my sons starts this weekend at the SE regional for LL. Not what we hoped for but he really had fun and rode fantastic. Unfortunately for him the cards didnt fall his way.

NCMP has changed dramatically since I was there with a group of PR friends last, it was a fun track but mostly hard pack red clay once it dried up and it wasnt the lip stick style place Knox would be proud of. No more, the facility is top notch with systems to run the event well and an outstanding racing surface.

Friday Austin got one practice in on the PW before the rains came, his first KTM practice didnt go well and he blew the bike up. No parts to be found, I went full on Zman and bought a brand new 50 min sx from a dealer on site. The skies opened up and practice was pointless on a 50.

Saturday weather was perfect, you will see in the above video he gets the hole shot and pulls about a 5 sec lead half way in. Hits some bad breaking bumps and his hand hits the shut off switch killing the bike. Started out in about 14th making it to 8th. Moto 2 he almost crashes in the start straight and you can see how far back there he starts out riding to 9th. At this point I figure we are out. Big mix up in placings and it turns out all we need is a top 4 to get a ticket. He had the speed just needs a clean start and stay up.

Watch the gate closely on the third start, the gate bounces and he hits it. 3 kids hit the gate, people tried saying he jumped it and caused the other 2 kids gates to stay up....wtf. Any way the gate official saw it bounce also so its a red flag start. Next drop he runs in hard for a 2nd place start!! Stay up and we are in! Well you can see what happens....He is a trooper and gets going for another 9th.

Its really cool watching these videos, I always wonder what a 6 year old is thinking when racing. The lines they pick and how they ride is fun! I really feel bad for the guy because he had the speed to make it at Red Bud and here but a couple bad choices and bad luck out of his control stopped him. I think we are sitting 5th alternate if so I think we will make it in.

Wow! Bummer on the last moto. Did they seriously restart the moto that the kid got way hung up in the gate? And wasn't he the same kid that went down taking Austin with him?

Wow! Bummer on the last moto. Did they seriously restart the moto that the kid got way hung up in the gate? And wasn't he the same kid that went down taking Austin with him?

Yeah, 3 of them did. It bounced for sure so it was the right thing to do. And yes, same kid that went down in front of Austin. He didnt finish the race though.

That sucks Dave!! Someone should tell the kid in front of him to stand up. Lol your son did great.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Dude. What a trooper. He took a hell of a digger!! Not a peep and popped right back up. Good on him. He's got the speed. Needs a little luck !!

Dave tell Austin great riding...that was just a series of bad luck. He rode great and obviously had the speed. I am glad you guys enjoyed your selves and he left in one piece, what more could you ask. You have to be proud of how he rode. With your enthusiasm and his progression you will get there soon. Congrats on being right there!!!

I bet he woulda won that moto. That was an amazing start. I can't believe how good he's riding just from last year. Those kids are jumping the crap out of them pw. Metal on metal clankin. Makes my kidneys ache listening to it.

PW class is just the best to watch. There is no luck in moto. Leave "luck' out of the conversations with him. If he thinks he has bad luck, he will create bad luck. It is just hard work and mindset of "I will win" that puts you in the right place. What happed was racing, kids fall, stall and pick bad lines. Your son is doing everything right, if not making it makes him dig deeper, then you have a racer. Good job Jr. and Sr. Her-she. Hope he makes it.

Yep, Austin should get the over all with that speed. Consistency is what it takes.for.a.championship.

Great riding Austin!!! Won't be long he will blow by me on a 65!

Back