A Special Thanks (Mitchell Zaremba)

Zman

PR Addict
Great to see Mitchy last night training at Smith Rd. He's riding really well and looks very smooth, it was fun to chase him and wear myself out seeing that little 85 up in front of me and having a really hard time closing any distance on him for the longest time. Keep it fun and let him enjoy the riding, even with the wash up old men that want to see him do well! I think next year, I will be cutting the track to keep near him!
Rocket..thanks man..not sure about that cutting the track..u wore him down with 5+ laps and then showed him the same thing I saw for years! You still got some in the tank...ur are last hope for the vets next year..don't let him do this to us..I won't be able to sleep in the same house as him!

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Rocket..thanks man..not sure about that cutting the track..u wore him down with 5+ laps and then showed him the same thing I saw for years! You still got some in the tank...ur are last hope for the vets next year..don't let him do this to us..I won't be able to sleep in the same house as him!

The problem is that he is getting faster and I'm getting slower, our paths are on opposite sides of the spectrum and once he blows by me, the gap in our speed is going to grow. I like the fact that he rides fast, but in control and not on the edge of crashing. That's good because injuries are the worst enemy of any good rider, if he can stay off the injury list by riding in control, he'll go much farther than this that are just turning the throttle and hoping for the best. He looks great!

Zman

PR Addict
His fundamentals are nothing short of spectacular.

Thanks Rocket and Georgie..other than his good looks that come from his mother, all those fundamentals were born, raised, and are continually honed by Chris Whitcraft..Chris has found a way to connect with Mitchy and not only impress the importance for the safety and longevity in this sport, but somehow found a way to get him to listen and assimilate it into his riding. Many times I shake my head and ask how does Chris and Mitchy make that happen..

Saying all that..I may need to borrow a bike and get a week out of Chris myself..either one of my Vet buddies
needs to step up next year or I'm getting back in to take care of business! Only room for one type A MX personality in our house..time for me to be the dominate dog again. Just pray I can out run him!

He likes riding with my buddies better than anything! He did say Rocket..u still have something for him..and are super nice with advice!!..LOL..how
come I only got "the choice" all those years Rocket and no advice?

Funny though we have discussed "the choice" and he is aware..came in after a late Moto pass at a regional and said "you know the choice dad...I had to use it to get it done last Moto" I about spit water!

Last edited:

chubakka

PR Member
After reading this thread, I paid attention to young Mr. Z at Chillitown this weekend. Not that he was hard to miss. Winning all six motos he entered. But everything said on here is true. He is smooth, fast, and in control. I wish him well at the ranch.

Zman

PR Addict
After reading this thread, I paid attention to young Mr. Z at Chillitown this weekend. Not that he was hard to miss. Winning all six motos he entered. But everything said on here is true. He is smooth, fast, and in control. I wish him well at the ranch.
Thank you .. Always work to be done.. But he is eager to learn. Thank you for the well wishes.. Lots of prayers and luck needed at the ranch.. Win or lose the focus is building for longevity in the sport and keeping it as safe as we can.

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Zman, you and I were running the same classes all those years, I can't be giving my advice to someone I am racing with! Now if Mitchy was racing at Vet Fest this year in one of my classes, he would be getting the "Choice" only just like you.

And let's not say that I never gave advice, How about finding out that you ran your forks all the way down in your triple clamps and never moved them up or down to make your bike more stable or turn better???? Plenty of advice, just not stuff that was going to make you beat me!!! Anyway, we need to get you back on a bike while there is still a chance for you to keep up with your kid! But you better get on it quick, like take the 65cc money after Loretta's and buy yourself a bike!

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
8 clicks! 8 CLICKS?

Classic "you don't know what you are talking about response" only to try it to show me that I was absolutely wrong and realize that it was right on the money to make the bike work better! Some people just never listen!