Smith Road Wednesday (6/29) Track Preview

We will have the track set up Wednesday as it will be for the 4th of July race. Practice will be 4-dark, bikes only.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

We will have the track set up Wednesday as it will be for the 4th of July race. Practice will be 4-dark, bikes only.

Is it going to be the same layout it's been every week for the past 2 months or you guys actually planning on changing it up? And on race day will you actually disc it down more then a inch and water the track?!(besides using the sprinklers which only seems to get half the track) I get its been hot out, but you can't blame it on that because I go to many other tracks including Apple cabin the very next day every week and it's perfect! Discd down every week and watered.
I've been coming to smith over ten years now and I'm trying my best not to give up on the track. It used to be one of the best practice tracks around! Ruts every where and a awesome corner practice track to get ready for racing. You have guys that get off work and drive a hour to come ride. If the track isn't going to be prepped you guys should post that... Last week there wasn't even a rut at the bottom of the hill where there used to be 5! I think if it's just to much for you guys maybe ask for some help? Maybe a volunteer track work day? Im sure you guys must know someone out there with a dozer or bobcat? I don't think the jumps have been touched all season! Doesn't hurt to ask.
Hopefully you guys will read this and actually change something before one of the best practice tracks around turns into the worst. I really don't wanna drive all the way out to malvern on a work night!

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe next time you show up at the track you should ask to speak with Larry Plas himself and you can express your concerns/issues you have with the track instead of complaining about the track on here. Just a thought.

Lets keep this civil in here, this is a practice forum not an argument forum. Move it to the main board for anything further please.

I was civil. I was just making a suggestion. Larry is a very nice reasonable person to speak with. I actually enjoy talking with him.

Didnt say you werent, just suggesting it doesnt get out of hand. I have spoken with Larry a few times recently, he is willing to listen.

I thought the track has been good lately honestly. I think they have been doing a better job from a month or two ago. I prefer it not too deep and rutty but that just me. It's still rutty to me. I'm not sure how they water it but I feel if they did more it would be pretty sloppy and would suck to ride.

This "Hershey" individual that is complaining is quite the individual.

Show me where I complained???

This is what I am talking about, right here, keep this stuff out of this forum. It is meant for posting practices only.

3ad825000dd35351f11f16a085a46f53.jpg
085d25df80bc6dc90be932be697a15c7.jpg

Back