11am until 4 pm.
$25
440 577 1964
www.trevorvines.com

773 State Route 7
Pierpont Ohio 44082
image.jpeg

Sorry, no quads.
Thank you I rode that track your first race weekend when the quads were there love the track but hated the soil they packed it down so bad you couldn't go anywhere slip and slide it everywhere I can't wait to come back this weekend and ride it with a nice groomed track with ruts

2 hour drive 1 way, get there before 11 and the track is already dusty before bikes ever hit it. Rode a few laps and packed it up. Sorry but after the canceled race 15 min before sign up and this, I wont be making the drive again.

An opinion only but, if it hasn't rained seriously in over a month you could expect some dust and hard pack. These guys with property better than ours who are letting us ride at there track deserve a little slack when conditions aren't national quality! Practice sucking some dust and riding at the same time. When the track is muddy get out there and practice riding in the mud and ruts! It's all better than working!

An opinion only but, if it hasn't rained seriously in over a month you could expect some dust and hard pack.

Were you there? The track was disced the night prior, any moisture in the ground was gone by morning. He drove around the track once with the water truck and put down barely enough water to discolor the dirt. The access roads had more water on them than the track for Christ sake. Trust me a month of no rain, I expect hard pack by noon. What I don't expect is deep powder dust when the track opens. Simply dangerous conditions. The other tracks don't seem to have a problem putting out a quality product in this weather, it just requires a little more time and effort. All I'm saying is if there were no intentions on having the track look like his picture on the original post then maybe people would have made other plans. Western reserve was in better shape the week prior and if you were there that should tell you something.

I'm very sorry for the lack of moisture in the ground on Saturday.
I've never seen a drier season in 12 years of being here.
I did put down 15 truckloads of water starting Friday evening at about 6pm, when the wind died down, until about 2 am. Then was back up in the morning to add 2 more after I chiseled it up.
The sun was up and out early and the wind kicked up by 8am making it even harder for me to control.

So this
Were you there? The track was disced the night prior, any moisture in the ground was gone by morning. He drove around the track once with the water truck and put down barely enough water to discolor the dirt. The access roads had more water on them than the track for Christ sake.

Is totally inaccurate.

I problably shouldn't try to be open when it's this dry. Another mistake I made was not cutting the track down. It was well over a 2 minute lap and that is just too much for me to maintain in these conditions.
Now I realize things weren't great on Saturday but to say it was dangerous is just plain nonsense.
I did get this from Facebook.
image.png
image.png

I was around all morning and if you had come over and mentioned your disenchantment with me or the track I would have refunded your money.
I would rather not log onto here to see such negative posts but I guess it goes with posting here.
I would bet you didn't take a ride around any other parts of my property to find a spot on one of the 4 tracks that were open that day, to try to find a little fun on your bike.
I understand what kids are looking for nowadays but, understand that adverse conditions are what many riders have grown up on and like Hudak said ride the mud and the dry and you'll become a better rider.

Additionally if your still bummed that I cancelled my first race of the year all I can say is, again sorry, along with I was VERY bummed to have to do that. I had worked hard prior, only to get dumped on all night as well as all morning. Sign up is supposed to start at 7. So I cancelled at 6:45am.
That should have been plenty of time considering on a day like that, had I ran it, no one wants to go out for practice at 9 and most would not have signed up or even wanted to race at 11am.

I'd like to add, if you were here and didn't have a great time, I'm sorry but please believe that this is about as dry as things could be. I didn't really think I would have such disappointment over a practice day.
If you were here and come often I appreciate your business and do strive to make ideal conditions when possible.

I've seen tv land at is best and worst. Mud, dry, unprepped, prepped. I raced there one time and it poured down buckets right after the gate dropped on my moto. I wasn't there on the day that all of this disappointment occurred, but I know trevor and the crew bust their a***s to make it a good place to ride. So the track wasn't perfect, on race day, you don't always have perfect either. Get out and ride. There is tons of stuff to do at tv land if the main track isn't up to your liking. Seat time is seat time. Get out and ride people! We are LUCKY to have these places to go throw some roost.

This pic was a mud race, 06 maybe 07. Still ran the race. Had a killer time and I hate mud with a passion.

Attachments

• full.jpg
    full.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited:
An opinion only but, if it hasn't rained seriously in over a month you could expect some dust and hard pack. These guys with property better than ours who are letting us ride at there track deserve a little slack when conditions aren't national quality! Practice sucking some dust and riding at the same time. When the track is muddy get out there and practice riding in the mud and ruts! It's all better than working!

Wasn't looking for a national type prep. Normal would've been ok. Not bashing any track that opens up for riding. I understand that it's time consuming effort doing prep. But I was under the impression that the picture in this post was what I was getting for Saturday.
Just a little disappointed ...I'll get over it.

I would love to practice in the mud...but no one is open when it rains.

It is always best to talk to the track owners before tearing them up publicly. TV and most other track owners are trying to put out a great product. 25 years ago, no race tracks opened for practice.

Back