Smith road practice

Status
Not open for further replies.

ktrop251

PR Member
I took a new pair of pants back to Kohl's last night (they were a gift). When the cashier asked why? I said cause they are cheaply made and I want to buy something better. So basically I traded up to a to a more expensive pair. They gladly took my money and I left with new pants and extra Kohl's Cash (which I was told is like a gift card, who knows).
I don't think I am banned from Kohl's but I better check my email.

HA!

MX099

PR Addict
I took a new pair of pants back to Kohl's last night (they were a gift). When the cashier asked why? I said cause they are cheaply made and I want to buy something better. So basically I traded up to a to a more expensive pair. They gladly took my money and I left with new pants and extra Kohl's Cash (which I was told is like a gift card, who knows).
I don't think I am banned from Kohl's but I better check my email.
OFF WITH YOUR HEAD!

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
A place struggling to get riders,People on here every week complaining about the track,Owner decides to ban people!! Bahahaha I banned myself from smith when they decided to keep those two front tables for few years I don't know if they are still there or not BUT I know a couple guys with shovels could make something better !!!!! ...Where is Georgie with his "guides to a great track by Georgie"

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

You don't rememeber those do you ? Anyway, guides to a great track just simply get these stamps and nothing else. Open for you all to gather your own opinions.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
For sure not my best work but I was rushed. BTW I don't know who that guy is but he was on the website.
I give myself a C for effort.

Last edited by a moderator:
My one and only post here, no we do not ban people for having opinions or giving us a bad review, however if you flat out lie and then when you don't get the response you want you make another post continuing to try and stir the pot, we have a problem. We are working hard to make improvements to the facility and we are just looking to cut down on all the negativity. Like certain riders who call our track a cow path in the woods....if you went to a restaurant and hated it why would you continually go back and then harass the owner on social media with bad reviews?!?! We do have equipment (don't need to borrow a skidster or dozer) we do change the back of the track on a regular basis and we have never once opened without prepping. We are a family business and yes when you go after my dad I'm going to defend him even though he doesn't want me to post on Pitracer, I do because I love him and I hate people purposely misconstruing the situation so they can cause more drama. In short we want Smith Road to be a fun, safe, family atmosphere, drama free, a place where people can go to relax and indulge in their favorite past time. My kids are there racing/practicing. My dad and brother are busting their a***s on the track and I'm in the concession stand (if you feel the need to come talk to me premix) On a side note : that's a copyrighted photo you used I hope you got permission from the photographer....

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Last edited:

premix

PR Member
My one and only post here, no we do not ban people for having opinions or giving us a bad review, however if you flat out lie and then when you don't get the response you want you make another post continuing to try and stir the pot, we have a problem. We are working hard to make improvements to the facility and we are just looking to cut down on all the negativity. Like certain riders who call our track a cow path in the woods....if you went to a restaurant and hated it why would you continually go back and then harass the owner on social media with bad reviews?!?! We do have equipment (don't need to borrow a skidster or dozer) we do change the back of the track on a regular basis and we have never once opened without prepping. We are a family business and yes when you go after my dad I'm going to defend him even though he doesn't want me to post on Pitracer, I do because I love him and I hate people purposely misconstruing the situation so they can cause more drama. In short we want Smith Road to be a fun, safe, family atmosphere, drama free, a place where people can go to relax and indulge in their favorite past time. My kids are there racing/practicing. My dad and brother are busting their a***s on the track and I'm in the concession stand (if you feel the need to come talk to me premix who won't identify himself) On a side note : that's a copyrighted photo you used I hope you got permission from the photographer....

Let's all ponder something here: Smith and Apple Cabin are less than 15 minutes apart. Why is it we only see these threads on Smith Road? Same geographical area, same terrain, roughly same turnouts. What's the difference?

I don't think anyone has implied that your family wasn't busting their butts. But there's working hard and there's working smart. If I had a small business that continued to produce an inferior product, I would reach out to other companies, people in my industry, and gather feedback (good and bad), and use it to improve my product not continue to do the same damn thing and expect people to just like it.

As far as the copyrighted photo, read the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities on Facebook, which also owns Instagram, which is where the photo was pulled from. I wasn't portraying this as my own, nor did I say I took the photo. But legally, once it's posted on a social medical site under a public setting, that right is waived. In fact, Brenden is one hell of a photographer and I left his name associated with the photo. Nice try though.

The photo was watermarked you can't alter it and I don't know who Brenden is or why your concerned I'm talking about the photo of my dad and I've already spoken with the photographer she did not give permission for her watermarked photo to be altered.

hershey

PR Elite
I'd like to know where jk14 flat out lied causing his being banned. I've voiced the exact same concerns to Larry in person on 3 different occasions. What he posted has been discussed between a multitude of my friends at the track and with Larry in person.

I've given up and if I go I know what to expect. Obviously people aren't making this stuff up, that's why so many say it.

Take it as marketing information and use it or dont, up to you.

MX315

PR Addict
Apple cabin SAME turnouts as Smith...Go get your eyes checked !!!! Apple is packed every Thursday I have been there ...If you build it the right way..they will come !!!!!

KJ14

Noob
My one and only post here, no we do not ban people for having opinions or giving us a bad review, however if you flat out lie and then when you don't get the response you want you make another post continuing to try and stir the pot, we have a problem. We are working hard to make improvements to the facility and we are just looking to cut down on all the negativity. Like certain riders who call our track a cow path in the woods....if you went to a restaurant and hated it why would you continually go back and then harass the owner on social media with bad reviews?!?! We do have equipment (don't need to borrow a skidster or dozer) we do change the back of the track on a regular basis and we have never once opened without prepping. We are a family business and yes when you go after my dad I'm going to defend him even though he doesn't want me to post on Pitracer, I do because I love him and I hate people purposely misconstruing the situation so they can cause more drama. In short we want Smith Road to be a fun, safe, family atmosphere, drama free, a place where people can go to relax and indulge in their favorite past time. My kids are there racing/practicing. My dad and brother are busting their a***s on the track and I'm in the concession stand (if you feel the need to come talk to me premix) On a side note : that's a copyrighted photo you used I hope you got permission from the photographer....

The fact that the person writing for smith road racing is the person in the concession stand proves my point 100%. It was and never has been my intention to attack the owner or the family, it was to try and give advice to fix a track that at one point had a lot of potential. Exactly as premix said, there is working harder and working smarter. No one said or argued that anyone wasn't busting their ass. Working hard to make a track mediocre isn't helping anyone. Everyone on here is giving opinions on how to make it better. Constructive criticism to try and make it better to keep the customers happy. The person in the consession stand, family or not, doesn't have a clue as to what a track needs and what the riding, paying customers want to be happy. It's a local track that id love to see improved. Plain and simple.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Let's all ponder something here: Smith and Apple Cabin are less than 15 minutes apart. Why is it we only see these threads on Smith Road? Same geographical area, same terrain, roughly same turnouts. What's the difference?

I don't think anyone has implied that your family wasn't busting their butts. But there's working hard and there's working smart. If I had a small business that continued to produce an inferior product, I would reach out to other companies, people in my industry, and gather feedback (good and bad), and use it to improve my product not continue to do the same damn thing and expect people to just like it.

As far as the copyrighted photo, read the Statement of Rights and Responsibilities on Facebook, which also owns Instagram, which is where the photo was pulled from. I wasn't portraying this as my own, nor did I say I took the photo. But legally, once it's posted on a social medical site under a public setting, that right is waived. In fact, Brenden is one hell of a photographer and I left his name associated with the photo. Nice try though.
image.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.