James Stewart Will Return to Racing This Weekend

JB_519

PR Addict
He might be motivated to score some points to keep that national number , or diaper and milk money . Hope he does well but I doubt it !

Tom

PR Elite
He might be motivated to score some points to keep that national number , or diaper and milk money . Hope he does well but I doubt it !
James Stewart is in danger of losing his iconic number 7 on the front of his Suzuki if he doesn’t score 25 points this season!

In what is an embarrassing situation for the former AMA supercross and motocross champion, Stewart has only (and ironically) earned seven points so far this season (sx and mx combined) but under AMA rules needs 25 points in order to retain his permanent number.

If Stewart doesn’t get the points required it will open the door for Cooper Webb, who if he wins the 250 National title, will become eligible to choose a top ten permanent number, meaning it could be Webb who has the number 7 on his Yamaha in 2017 as he steps up to the 450 class.

Stewart would not only be left embarrassed but also numberless, would he go back to being Bubba and running the 259, the number he started his career with?

It remains to be seen, but you can imagine Stewart will want to return to racing before the end of the season to get the 25 points required to keep his number and keep all the marketing and clothing opportunities he has created with the number seven.

ck1racerx

PR Addict
2,8,9 are all open. No way in hell would the AMA, FIM, mx sports, feld or any other organization would take 7 away from him this year. The rule states you must score 25 points to keep a career number UNLESS it is due to injury. Well he has been "injured" plenty.
Now that he is a father I expect to see one last push by James. Needs a good showing to get one last contract. If not then he may be on the GP farewell tour with Reed

hershey

PR Elite
Isnt he contracted with Suzuki through the end of 17?

Hopefully as a new Dad he fairs better at a return. I think he can do ok if they institute a no photographer on the track rule and prep the track before each 450 moto. Especially since " The Diesel" isnt there to T bone him.

Bill480

PR Addict
Isnt he contracted with Suzuki through the end of 17?

Hopefully as a new Dad he fairs better at a return. I think he can do ok if they institute a no photographer on the track rule and prep the track before each 450 moto. Especially since " The Diesel" isnt there to T bone him.

Barcia and some french guy are ready to take that job though

msinclair

PR Addict
2,8,9 are all open. No way in hell would the AMA, FIM, mx sports, feld or any other organization would take 7 away from him this year. The rule states you must score 25 points to keep a career number UNLESS it is due to injury. Well he has been "injured" plenty.
Now that he is a father I expect to see one last push by James. Needs a good showing to get one last contract. If not then he may be on the GP farewell tour with Reed
For sure, to much riding on that #7, Let's go James!

John250

PR Founding Father
I agree with Vet261's prediction. He will look blazing fast in practice. All the Bubba fanboys will be in awe......saying he is going to smoke them this weekend. Then the motos roll around. He either crashes out, or is running about 20th and has a mysterious mechanical condition where he has to pull off the track.

John250

PR Founding Father
finishes 10th and then pulls off yet once again! ! Guy has no desire to be out there racing. How in the world can Suzuki keep him around.

Sent from my SM-G900V using PitRacer mobile app