CHILITOWN live timing link

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Running order:

image.png

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
28 in 125. 8 in 2 stroke. Makes no sense. You pingers needs to sign up for both!!!

Plus 30 vet c? Me thinks that class can be eliminate as well. Weak turnout.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I figured that was a hook for some better responses. You guys are getting too good at this! (Weaver your right it doesnt matter in that regard.) Surprised there weren't more D entries. That class seems like a great way to introduce people to racing. Now just gotta market to the people that don't race to come try....

I had to do some adulting today. My dad and brother went and had a good time despite the bike demons they had. Couldn't get the 125 to run right. Maybe stator is bad, not sure. But I do know broc called me after each moto and said how killer it was out there.

Last edited:

Lotts24

PR Elite
I did adulting yesterday as well at Chillitown. Had a blast riding and I happen to ride the plus 30 C class Love that class. Old guys not up to speed to run plus 30 and they have to go to work on Monday as well. Just like any other class sometimes there is a decent turnout and sometimes there is not. I know a lot of the guys that run that class don't want to spend the extra ama fees and stuff to race the battle rounds. I totally get that.

Only complaint is try to monitor the volume on the speakers. I loved the music being played but sometimes it got to loud. The stuff at the end of the day yesterday was horrible. We were trying to load and couldn't even talk to each other.

MX099

PR Addict
I like the Vet 30c class it's a great second class for me as a Plus 50 rider. But with all the other expenses I had this weekend (and the fact I had to buy 2 event tees) I only had $19.57 left. Just not enough to run that second class.
I'd do away with the I never race anymore but I have an opinion class.

MX099

PR Addict
George its Vet riders with all the kids.
We ride as well as our kids. Your buying or renting one transponder. We are in for two, three or even five transponders. So if the Vets and their kids decide to no longer support the transponder races who are you going to race?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I get it. If your happy with local racing then race local for cheap. If I have a gaggle of geese one day I probably won't be able to race. But from what I hear from other parents in this site cheerleading, basketball and football are all getting just as expensive.

You can't have a competitive event and expect not to pay. That's just how it is these days.

All the qualifiers have fees on fees on fees on fees. And you get to drive 8-12 hours plus to pay those fees. Where else do we have a series that is similar to qualifiers without having to drive 3-4 hours or less??

MX099

PR Addict
I get it. If your happy with local racing then race local for cheap. If I have a gaggle of geese one day I probably won't be able to race. But from what I hear from other parents in this site cheerleading, basketball and football are all getting just as expensive.

You can't have a competitive event and expect not to pay. That's just how it is these days.

All the qualifiers have fees on fees on fees on fees. And you get to drive 8-12 hours plus to pay those fees. Where else do we have a series that is similar to qualifiers without having to drive 3-4 hours or less??

Area 51 Can-Am and Red Bud Vet Fest are two I can think of. Can-Am is $25 for first class, $20 second, $15 for third you get the rest. They give away gear, easy ups, tires and more. I raced three classes last year and sucked in all of them. But I left with a new MX32 rear, Scott Goggles and a bike stand.
Stop drinking the Kool-Aid. Please don't tell me how much things cost. That's BS! I've been to FLA, TX, GA, NC, NY, MI, NJ, PA and OH this year so far. None of which were locals!
See the world, it's round you won't fall off the edge.

john lilly

PR Addict
Ok, I want to chime in on the above conversation. First off, I like the transponders but I am only paying for one kid, not four (I don't know how anyone could afford 4) so, its all relative. Also, mx racing "is" way more expensive than any school sport or travel sports, my son and daughter have done them all. If you are riding during the week and on weekends and your son or daughter is pushing hard its gets extremely expensive. From the gas to get there to the gas for the bikes, to keeping them running with all the oil changes, filters, tires, leaking seals, pads and what ever else needs replaced. Not to mention if you have a problematic bike or hard crash where you do a significant amount of damage to the bike, it can get out of control. Also, for those of us that are riding year round we have the expense of the winter trips south and everything that goes along with it, like the hotel rooms etc., not to mention if you do any training, you have to pay the trainers. Some of the local kids are going to places like SOB, MTF and Club MX and none of those are cheap. Point is, this sport is expensive as hell, unless your only doing local stuff here and there and not riding weekly.

It does seem to me that some of the race fees have gone up. I think that the more classes you run then each one should be reduced in price. That always gets me to sign my son up for more classes. I also think that there should be a discount if you have two or more racers, racing. Would help out the parents budget, get more total revenue for the track and possibly get the larger racing families, to the track more often. I would think that this might help fill the gates. I think tracks should do a free race for those that have showed up to 10 races in a year or something like that. I know that Chillitown did give some of the classes free entry and that is great but I would like to see some of the other tracks pick up on this and do some similar discounts.

I thought Chillitown did a great job as always. The track and infield spectator area is really cool. The place did look great and as always, I love the grass, paved roads, water and electric. I did ask my son which track he likes more and he did say, "that he still prefers the old track more but is glad they changed it up." It did seem to me that the band didn't play very long, as a matter of fact, I never even saw them. However, I was watching the moto-limbo and barrel racing. I can't speak about the dust on Sunday because Jonathan tweaked his knee and we left half way though the day. The turnout for the Pro's I thought was good and there was some great racing. Also, I did win a really saweet Chillitown T-shirt, which I will proudly wear.
Always, have a great time at Chillitown.

Last edited:

Lotts24

PR Elite
We did the family of 4 thing for 5 years and i can honestly say i have no clue how. Lol. Moral of the story is 5 years ago we probably wouldnt of went due to the extra charges. Racing got a lot cheaper for us once the kids moved out and started paying for themselves.

I ran a late moto as well and it was def dusty but it was also a hot 90 degree day. Considering the temps it could have been a lot worse. Its one of those situations where people complain about dust but if they would of water people would of complained cause it was wet on hard pack. Mother nature can make a track operators life miserable. The parking area with electric and water is amazing. Our spoiled dogs loved the a/c being on the majority of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Let me ask you this, if it weren't for the transponders, would you be willing to pay the other fees charged from this weekend for a State Championship Series weekend? Keep in mind I paid for 3 racers and a spectator this past weekend, so you are responding to a mini parent, not JO the Battle inventor.

John250

PR Founding Father
I think people expect the extra cost for these races. But CTMX is using transponders for their non battle races also. Your race charged an extra $5...that's usually $25 more for my family. I get all the extra cost.

I also get dropping a few of the classes. But that horse has been beat to death a long time ago.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I need to expand my world view at vet fest. Then I can come back and bitch to JO that red bud is supreme. I don't believe he's heard that argument before. Jo do you know about redbud ?

pape718

PR Member
Let me ask you this, if it weren't for the transponders, would you be willing to pay the other fees charged from this weekend for a State Championship Series weekend? Keep in mind I paid for 3 racers and a spectator this past weekend, so you are responding to a mini parent, not JO the Battle inventor.
its the little stuff we dont mind paying the practice fees, the race fees, a discount on racing multiple classes would be nice but you also have bills to pay that one could go either way but charging people $5 a head more to come in on a Friday night instead of Saturday morning. Some of us travel to you so were set up for a practice Saturday morning so theirs another $20 for a family of 4 to sleep for a night. So then its stay at walmart to save the $20 or not come at all.