Webb vs. Savatgy

L_M_892

PR Member
With all the local drama going on this week, I haven't seen anyone discussing the drama between Webb and Savatgy on here.

What are peoples thoughts on Savatgy's move? Webb's move? Either rider right or wrong? Curious to hear peoples takes.

My thoughts are that brake checking is the dirtiest thing a racer could do and Webb is a champion that completely lost his cool.

To me it looked like Savatgy went into that corner way too hot and couldn't stop.. Webb being a hot head doing hot head things = brake check pileup. If I was J-Mart I'd be pretty pist

Surprised Bowers did not kick his ass.
Old man neck beard Savatgy needs to man up and just take his ass out. Of someone else from PC since he is still trying for a championship.

I like Webb, but being a little tiny guy I cant believe all the riders let him push them around. Must be that whole "he is fast then the rest" thing.
I see Webb being the next Stew.

To me it looked like Savatgy went into that corner way too hot and couldn't stop.. Webb being a hot head doing hot head things = brake check pileup. If I was J-Mart I'd be pretty pist

Thought the same thing. Savatgy went into the turn hotter than he expected and pushed Webb wider than he wanted too. Also, judging by J-Marts post on Instagram, he doesn't seem too pleased with it.

Webb and Andersons riding styles are similar, next year we could see some fireworks when those two get together.

I don't see anything wrong with what Savatgy did. The brake check from Webb was stupid. Brake checking is a Supercross move in my book. Outdoors are all about momentum, so that is clearly not a natural racing move. The ultimate eff you is to simply pass Savatgy, check out, go 2-1, and win the overall. Webb is a little immature though. He can't pull that crap in the 450's because guys like Reed, Anderson, etc. will punt him off the track.

I just saw savatgy making a bad ass pass. He looked well in control. And very calculated.

And Webb left the door open. It might of only been cracked open, but it was open.

Then webb got a genuine good ole fashion lesson of race forward only. Brake check and the rest of the field ran them over. It's not amatuers where the top 5 are 10 seconds ahead by half a lap. The entire field is right there for the opening laps.

I say good for Webb.

Did anyone listen to Savatgy's interview after losing the first Moto? Joey said he needs to be more aggressive and was disappointed he wasn't. If he hadn't said that, I would have thought the same thing as most of you do. But since he said it, I believe it was on purpose. I just feel it's desperation time for Joey.

I think its good to be desperate when you're 50 points down with a few races to go. Savatgy didn't take anyone out. It was a poorly executed pass since he left the door open for forkner but he was just trying to make the pass on Webb stick. It was dumb, but less dumb than Webb.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I don't see what everyone thinks was so dumb about Webb's move. He took the line away and brake checked. Who hasn't done that? What made it bad was Savatgy tried to plow back through him. Not saying I wouldn't have tried the same if I were Savatgy. I don't see an issue with Savatgy's move either, but i cant understand why he would do that and then go into the tightest section of the track on the outside? What did he expect to happen?

The 250 class is a blast to watch this year!

Back