AHRMA Ultima Rules KX125/250/500

MotoJason

PR Member
As some of you may know the AHRMA 2017 Rule Change Proposals were reviewed at the July 18th Board meeting. The results are now posted. (lnks below)

The proposal to include Non-Power valve (no KIPS) KXs with OEM front disk brakes and rear drum brakes in their respective Ultima displacement classes was resubmitted for 2017. Post vintage Ultima rule sections 12.3.2-4.

The Rules Committee voted in favor, but the Board vote was 7-5, against in the preliminary vote.

https://www.ahrma.org/uncategorized/2017-rules-proposals/

http://ahrma.org/ahrma_pdfs/Z-2016/Forms/17_Preliminary_rules_web.pdf

If you are an AHRMA member in support of the proposed change, please contact the Board Members who were against the proposal and let your opinion be known.

The final vote on 2017rules proposals takes place at the Board Meeting on October 10th 2017, in Alabama.

Board Memebers Against:
Debbie Poole: pooleschl1@hotmail.com

Rob Poole: robpoole57@hotmail.com

Kelly Shane: flynpenguin@gmail.com

Pat Riley: rileyppkk@yahoo.com

Corky Root: peroot66@yahoo.com

Mark Hatten: mhatten@ahrma.org

Tom Bentley:bentley13x@yahoo.com

Board Members For:
Fred Guidi: fredguidi@gmail.com

Carl Anderson: carl849gp@yahoo.com

Kevin Burns: 68.kburns@gmail.com

Luke Conner: luke.conner@cpl-systems.com

Louis LeBlanc: louisleblanc18n@me.com

Thank you!
Jason #5j

Sounds familiar...

http://www.pitracer.com/index.php?threads/1982-1985-kx125-250-500-in-ahrma-ultima-class.63083/

A disc, drum class would be the next logical class. Those bikes are 30+ years old now. Of course this comes from one with a couple power valve YZ's. ;)

Yup, that thread was posted, after the 2016 rule proposal review cycle by another PR member. It looked like it was going to pass back then, but in October some of the Board decided that "rewriting" history by ommiting KX bikes that were legal to race circa 82 84 was still OK in an organization whose Post Vintage Mission includes preserving and representing the history and technology of this evolving transitional period. PV Mission Statement: http://www.ahrma.org/about/post-vintage-motocross/

k01, power valve YZs are already legal in Ultima. (there is a rule exception that allows for power valve / exhaust valve technology on YZs only)

The annual Jason Colon AHRMA 'REJECTION" process continues............

12.3.2-4 – Ultima – Classes and Eligibility Allow 1982-’84 Kawasaki KX125s in Ultima 125, 1982-’84 Kawasaki KX250s in Ultima 250 and 1982-’85 Kawasaki KX500s in Ultima 500.

How can anybody seriously consider that 1982 bike should race with other 1982 bikes, how can that be considered fair and equitable, but wait they did, but that was in 1982. Only AHRMA can restructure the continuum of time and reconfigure the universe to reflect their own version of time travel. And even more interesting how in each of the last two years AHRMA has taken the entry fees and allowed the same KX's with disc's to race at UNADILLA in the Ultima class.

Seriously if a 1984 Suzuki is Ultima than a 1982 Kawasaki is the same.

k01, power valve YZs are already legal in Ultima. (there is a rule exception that allows for power valve / exhaust valve technology on YZs only)

I know. I figured it out years ago when I was looking for a PV bike, so I read the rules again only to realize that I already had one in my barn (that I had bought new).

I was just joking, as the owner to an exception to rules...

DEADLINE APPROACHING!!!

If you have a position on this rule proposal send it now. The AHRMA Board meets on October 10th for a final vote.

David Lamberth handles communications for the National office directed to the board he and Fred Guidi should be CC'd on board member communication.

dlamberth@ahrma.org

Be sure to include your AHRMA membership number in all communications regarding rules proposal comments.
83%20KX_please%20AHRMA_zpsighnssei.jpg

Last edited:
83%20KX_please%20AHRMA_zpsighnssei.jpg

I wanna play too! That's a good one! I sent a note.

From my brief encounters with Dave, he seems like a really good guy, trying to do the right thing.

Some of the rationale behind ARHMA's class exceptions is understandable. Yamaha wouldn't have an Ultima rear linkage bike if their power valve was disallowed for example. But it's funny, I've just recently been hearing from a top notch GP racer about how he can't get his front disc to work on his 80's KX project. And he's been working on his bike basically for fun with no set knowledge about the racing organizations or any current class structure. Those first disc brakes had to evolve just as any other new bike component. They are period parts on period bikes and should be allowed.

The method to change ultimately with AHRMA, is change in the board makeup. Last year the members were able to vote in two younger, more open minded directors. They replaced two "Dinosaurs" that had ruled the AHRMA world for decades. There will be another board election this fall. One of the dinosaurs ( Beno Rodi) has been campaigning at MX riders meeting to get enough votes to return to the board. Its critical that "the Members" continue to drive new ideas, younger outlooks, and fresh perspectives.

For every single potential rider who wants a place to ride a BSA B50 on an MX track there are dozens (or more) of potential new members who want a place to ride "THEIR" vintage bikes. THEIR vintage bikes have disk brakes, power valves and are up to the early 90's.

It really is up to the members.

It's official: DENIED! No OEM front (only) disk brake KXs in Ultima classes for 2017.

The AHRMA Board of Trustees has ignored its member's views and the position of their own Post Vintage Rules Committee on a significant issue. The issue is not just regarding disk brake technology. The issue has become the Board's rigid adherence to the status quo, its apparent desire to side step equitable competition, and its gross disregard for history. This vote represents a break from the PVMX Mission Statement and I believe, is counter to growing future membership.

Change must come, by the members, for the members, of the members! I would like to see a significant shift in AHRMA PVMX before the organization becomes completely irrelevant in the view of Vintage MX racers across the country.

AHRMA Board, ever hear of a SWOT analysis? The more progressive regional vintage MX clubs are eating your lunch...

It's official: DENIED! No OEM front (only) disk brake KXs in Ultima classes for 2017.

The AHRMA Board of Trustees has ignored its member's views and the position of their own Post Vintage Rules Committee on a significant issue. The issue is not just regarding disk brake technology. The issue has become the Board's rigid adherence to the status quo, its apparent desire to side step equitable competition, and its gross disregard for history. This vote represents a break from the PVMX Mission Statement and I believe, is counter to growing future membership.

Change must come, by the members, for the members, of the members! I would like to see a significant shift in AHRMA PVMX before the organization becomes completely irrelevant in the view of Vintage MX racers across the country.

AHRMA Board, ever hear of a SWOT analysis? The more progressive regional vintage MX clubs are eating your lunch...
I Nominate JASON for this years Board Election of AHRMA, "change comes by voting for change"

I it was sold on a stock production motorcycle that year it should be legal to race in that class today. I never did understand some of their rules like these as don't just make any sense and bet a lot of Kawasaki fan would love to be racing with same year machines plus one of the great things about vintage racing is seeing so many different brands on the track.

Per AHRMA Handbook page 105. Nomination forms will be published in Vintage Views. Time to take the fight to "Washington". I accept.

The sad thing is most of the guys who care about this issue left AHRMA years ago. I no longer have a membership so I can't vote. The same old members vote every year and little change is done. I agree local series are kicking butt besides the big AHRMA races.

12.3.2-4 – Ultima – Classes and Eligibility Allow 1982-’84 Kawasaki KX125s in Ultima 125, 1982-’84 Kawasaki KX250s in Ultima 250 and 1982-’85 Kawasaki KX500s in Ultima 500. (Jason Colon)
Committee: Yes (2-1).
Discussion: FG motion to accept; LL seconded. July Board: 5 For (CA, KB, LC, FG, LL)/ 7 Against the motion

October Action: FG motion to accept; LL seconded.
October Board: 4 For (KB, LC, FG, LL) / 8 Against the motion

Lost it again!

AHRMA "Leadership" has much in common with the dinosaurs.

They have never evolved even as time, circumstance, and environment changed

And we all know how that worked.

Back