Michigan Vintage Motocross at Sandbox MX Oct 15 & 16

racer726

PR Member
Iron - 1974 and older
Evo - 1981 and older (air cooled, drum brakes)
Inno - 1989 and older
Trans - 1999 and older

Sandbox MX in Vassar MI will be holding a double day vintage race on October 15th and 16th. We had their last race get rained out, so this should be published soon. Racing will start around noon on Saturday and finish up within 2-3 hours. Big bonfire at night. Racing will start at 9 AM Sunday and finish around noon. There will be open practice on Sunday after the races. Make a whole weekend out of it and come join us. www.michiganvintagemotocross.com. The website will be updated soon. No membership fees. $20 per class. $15 for a weekend entry pass. No double jumps, vintage friendly.

Thanks for the heads up...that sounds like a good time!

Being down in central Ohio that would be a bit more than a 4 hour drive so I'll probably stay a bit more local this weekend. Have Fun!

How did the race weekend go? Bummed that I missed it. Sunday get rained out?

My good luck from last season has abandoned me in 16. I have spent 5 times more money on rebuilding and maintaining my racebikes this year, but cant get a single one to work o_O consistently. The more parts I replace the worse it gets! Put a brand new carb on the 83 Husky last week and it went from running poorly to not running at all. 75 KX got custom carb parts from Sudco to replace the worn original parts no longer available and it still won't pull on top without sputtering and dying. Discovered my 79 KX shift shaft splines are too worn out to get any shift pedal to work at this point, have tried 3 and they all get loose within one lap. 84 KX blows left fork seal every ride, been apart 4 times, slider and stanchion tube look perfect, oil height is correct, race tech springs are the right rate, not running any air pressure. It figures it's only the left side, so it contaminates the brake pads and gets oil on the disk. (you know, the disk on the bike that AHRMA wont let me ride). Not enough time in the day to keep up.

Well, long way of saying I had no bikes that were race worthy. Sorry to hijack your post with my rant. Felt like therepy... :D

Saturday was perfect. I think there was 55 entries over the 5 classes. Sunday we ran in the mud. I think there was around 24 entries. It was a mess. I only rode my 1999 but still had fun. That's why I like having a more modern class as well. My 1999 husky always seems to run well and work like it should. I hear ya there. Both of the DT1's that my buddies ride quit Sunday. One just plain wouldn't start before practice and the other seized up after the 1st moto. Got some water in there.

Back