Long time lurker here.

jpelaston

PR Member
Hi all,

I have been a member on here for some time and only recently have been reading and following things on here.

My name is Jeremy Pelaston, and I am the current Vice-President at TCMC. I have been involved with the club since around 1999-2000. I am aware of the reputation the club has amongst the MX community and I am not here to make excuses, nor apologize for anything in the past. I am here though to mention the present and possible future.

I have been reading all the posts and taking note of a lot of the issues people are having or have had with our track. I have also been taking note of the other tracks on here and trying to see what is working and what is not.

This year, the club has put forth a pretty good effort toward turning the ship around. We have spent countless hours changing jumps, bringing in sand, and other media to revitalize the soil and have basically tried to be responsive to the feedback of you riders, our customers.

That said, we also realize that Rome wasn't built in a day and there is still a lot of work to be done. I am on here, personally, to see what types of things our organization can do to improve our product.

I know there are more than a few who have said they will never come back and that's fine, I've been burned by places before and have said the same thing. I understand.

My background is primarily Enduros and Offroad events and our club runs a top notch event in that area. I believe that with the membership we have and the leadership that is in place, that we can also provide you guys a great experience as well.

Feel free to reach out to me via FB, or on here if you have any questions or concerns.

For the TL;DR types:

TCMC VP saying that we are still around and looking to improve our facility and image amongst MXers.

FINALLY, Treaty is listening. Thanks for posting Jeremy (oh look, we have ANOTHER Jeremy running a track...lol)
As someone that has been coming to Treaty since 1980, it pains me to see what it has become. Not that the track ever really had a good rap in the moto world, but at least back in the stone age you had a niche product by being the first race of the year. With the major changes in the sport over the decades the track has been slow to evolve.
Effort is one thing, and a good one, but if you are not working towards a proven goal, then all that effort is done in vein. Reaching out to the actual customers that race moto is the only way of finding out what people want. Then you need to take a step back and look at what you have, and how is it possible to please as many of those people as you can.
The facility is screaming out to be a Supercross style track. You have very limited space, so a properly laid out, amateur friendly supercross, SHOULD be the product you are trying to sell. The resent changes and all changes that I have seen over the years it trying to make it into something that it just can not be. The reset button must be pushed. Starting with the starting gate and the scoring tower. They are in the wrong location to keep the program from flowing, let alone making the best track possible. Forget about trying to use the little "uphill" section next to the club house. It is very poor dirt, in the wrong place and really does nothing for the track. Make the entire hillside a viewing area for spectators.
Just think Saturday nite races. NO ONE in the south half of the state offers this.

I am always outspoken and never afraid to offer suggestions on how to improve. But I am also one that will always help out where I can. If you want me to help, just send me a message and I will be there.

And really, thanks for posting and ending your lurker status.

Jeremy,

Welcome to PR! If you want to improve your image just keep doing what you just did. Ask questions, keep an open mind and listen to your customers. Please read the first thread in the Race forums (http://pitracer.com/index.php?threads/posting-guidelines-2016.61168/). There are some great tips for track owners. For example I'd start by creating a business account (TCMC or TreatyCity something similar). Then update your profile with the TCMC logo and add a signature with a link to your website and/or FB account. Post & promote as much as you like on here. Be honest and the riders will be honest with you. Please contact me if you have any questions or if you need some guidance. Thanks for joining!

Chuck

If you take Knox's suggestion of building a SX track, be sure to hire someone that knows how to build jumps. That has always been an issue at TCMC. Someone who thought they knew how to build a track and run a dozer would build a jump, and it was never right, or a good jump.

Customer service. I have been as vocal in my dislike of TCMC as anyone over the years and told hundreds of people of my dislike. I had a legitimate issue. I was told by the referee if I did not like it to load my ass up and never come back. Guess what, I loaded up and me, my son that races and my family have never been back. I have kept my money. That is not how you grow your program.

Happy to see your making an effort. But for me, if your running a series with COCR and drawing only 60 bikes, I have no desire to even try it again. Only way to fix that is to get in a series or if your a stand alone follow Knoxs idea. Saturday night SX under the lights. Something totally different than what anyone else offers.

Thanks for all the replies guys.

We have our final MX of the year coming up and we have some things in the works for next year.
I know we can't always hit the mark but we are going to keep at it. The club has been around for a long time promoting motorcycling and motorcycle racing and we are going to continue.

Just in case anyone is even remotely interested in some woods riding, we are having a "family enduro" September 10th. No AMA is required and its $20 to enter. The trail will be open enough that handguards won't be necessary.

You guys have 3 really good to decent tracks builders(Steel,Burke,Davis)within 30 mins of your track , use them. Rent a dozer not a skidsteer The track is the worst I've seen it in 15 years design wise. Like Knox said it has to be more supercross. Bring back the uphill double , the triples that no one could do and build a rhythm section that makes since. Six of us attended your second race and all of us said we would not return. The program went smooth but you had 60 racers and the prep was good but you guys had a lot help from Mother Nature.
Post on here and change your Facebook name back to Treaty City not TC MC, everyone knows it as Treaty.
I mentioned these ideas to someone a year ago at your club and they basically told me to keep my shut.

I use to love that place.

Thanks for the reply weasel. You'll be happy to hear that Burke is a member now and we have him on board with the MX chairman Josh Plessinger to make changes. A lot has been done this year and a lot more is planned. Our recent board meeting had a lot of discussion on the future of racing at TCMC.

I will see what I can do about changing the FB name. I am the admin for the page and have tried to keep on top of it. I've slipped a little lately but I'm sure most of you know how tough it can be to work a full time job, and keep up on household items and then I have two bikes to keep going for the enduros I race and then club stuff.

We have a good vision for the next 3-5 years and as long as we don't get our workers burned out, I think we can really do something great out there.

Also coming from someone that has raced at treaty since the late 80`s.I would love to see treaty turn itself around.i agree with knox,dont try to be something your not.An outdoor national track you will never be.I agree with Knox on the hillside.I was a your race a few months ago and felt like that section felt like i was at a fair race.I could see a section of sand rollers from the announcer tower across the back of the start to the table top.extend the start to the back straight with a sweeping left to the back tree turn.track flow is everything.the more tracks try to slow things down with tight one line turns.the worse the flow.just keep trying you will see me next year.

Thanks for all the replies so far. The MX track committee has been talking a lot while prepping for this last weekend's event and we have a lot of great ideas to move forward. I think with the input from you guys (the riders) and the current crop of members that are investing their time into the club, we can put something good together.

Not saying that it will happen or even be possible just yet but what are your feelings of a longer GP style race using natural terrain on the property next to the club and some of our MX track?

Not saying that it will happen or even be possible just yet but what are your feelings of a longer GP style race using natural terrain on the property next to the club and some of our MX track?

A chance to try something new and put your off road experience to use. Nothing like that in your part of the state.The old District 11 format worked well. Involve your off road racer following and bring in the motocrossers as well. Well, except for John250 but I'm not sure he realizes what he's missing. Makes for a great family race day.

I would come off the couch for an event like this in SW Ohio! I love the idea of a GP; a 1 hour moto on natural-ish terrain. Just long enough for a full tank on a MX bike if your pace is OK. I for one enjoyed going to TCMC throughout the 1990s; many good memories from there.

FWIW: I would be at the family enduro mentioned above but my work has me out of country that following week.

I would come off the couch for an event like this in SW Ohio! I love the idea of a GP; a 1 hour moto on natural-ish terrain. Just long enough for a full tank on a MX bike if your pace is OK. I for one enjoyed going to TCMC throughout the 1990s; many good memories from there.

FWIW: I would be at the family enduro mentioned above but my work has me out of country that following week.

Bummer about the travel. The family enduro is something I encourage all the MX guys to come check out. The trail will be tight in some places but is totally doable without any bark busters or special equipment. It's a great day of trail riding for those guys who don't want to take on a full blown enduro.

Back