Practice and Race forums now self moderated

day181

PR Elite
Staff member
Effective immediately track owners and promoters can now self-moderate their own threads in the Practice and Race forums. Much like Facebook and other social media, you can now delete posts in your own thread or just lock it down to prevent r-tards from steering your thread off topic. This only applies to the practice and race forums for now. Your feedback is welcome.

So the First Amendment doesn't mean anything on Pitracer?
The first amendment doesn't apply in my house. I have the right to tell you leave my house anytime I want . I guess their threads could be considered like their house. :cool:

The first amendment doesn't apply in my house. I have the right to tell you leave my house anytime I want . I guess their threads could be considered like their house. :cool:
I'm not at your house! This is a public forum!

What is it with everyone bitching and complaining !? Anyone ever heard of being greatful for what's right in front of us ???
I just sold my rig to finish paying for medical bills and other expenses while being off work for a torn tendon . ( not complaining, bills and family come first ) . Range of motion may never be what it was was to get out and ride again( severe scar tissue ).I wouldn't give a s**t where or what I rode to be able to have that back . Stop taking great opportunities for granted . Ride , have fun , come home healthy and it beats arguing about dumb s**t on pitracer!

I think it would be great if more track owners posted on here and bounced ideas of off of us, but we have a few yahoos who think it is there right to step all over and trash everything that is said and then call it their opinion.

Freedom is a tricky thing. One guy thinks he should get to light up a cigarette at a parade and force me and my whole family to breath the smoke. I think I should have the right to not smell the smoke. Some people forget about this thing called respect for other people. Maybe if that guy who wants to smoke stepped back 10 feet it wouldn't be an issue, but since this is America he thinks he has the right to be a total a$$hole anytime he wants.

Congress shall make no law ..... abridging the freedom of speech .... This part of the first amendment is not a "pass" to say, write, or post anything you want. Not all speech is protected - never was and likely never will be.

1) Be factual and tell the truth: Knowingly false statements that rise to the level of defamation (slander/libel) are not protected. For example you are not protected if you distort facts or lie in a way that damages another.

2) Can't yell fire in a theater or bomb in an airport: Speech that incites is not protected. Threats, in general, are not protected.

3) Obscenity, what would that be in 2016?? I am scarred for life by things I have seen on PitRacer. Some damn evil Vet Forum posters know when and what I am talking about!!!

4) Stealing speech owned by others, not protected.

5) Commercial speech: False advertising for example is not protected.

Most everything I read on PitRacer is pretty constructive and dang amusing. Sometimes things get stupid and a little out of control but that is the exception.

Or just maybe I give us all too much credit. Has anyone with a Pitracer ID that ends in 250 been contacted by a JS7 lawyer???? Come on - we just gotta know!!!! LOL.

No it isn't. A park owned by the government is a public forum. This is a privately owned establishment.

Yes but still we're pretty liberal around here with the first amendment until someone steps on our right (actually it's a privilege) to ride at a locally owned track for a reasonable price. The only reason this website exists is to promote our sport. We can't build and promote anything if we're constantly trying to tear it down. We have to fight protect the riders and the places to ride. One cannot exist without the other.

What is it with everyone bitching and complaining !? Anyone ever heard of being greatful for what's right in front of us ???
I just sold my rig to finish paying for medical bills and other expenses while being off work for a torn tendon . ( not complaining, bills and family come first ) . Range of motion may never be what it was was to get out and ride again( severe scar tissue ).I wouldn't give a s**t where or what I rode to be able to have that back . Stop taking great opportunities for granted . Ride , have fun , come home healthy and it beats arguing about dumb s**t on pitracer!
Well said. I don't know if it's recent or if this has always gone on. I'm really sick of the hate forums. Bouncing ideas is one thing but riders attacking other riders and track owners/promoters is absolutely ridiculous. We are mostly adults here, how about we act like it? We are so lucky to have the places we do to go ride. If everyone keeps this up, we won't have anywhere to ride. People are getting sick of the bitching, crying, wining, and premadona Bullshit going on, myself included.

You guys want to see bitching. I just returned from Philadelphia after being at the DNC convention for a week and witnessed first hand the inner workings of a political party from a very close up view that most of the public never gets a chance to view and all I can say is you would be shocked if you saw how it really works. . No I'm not a democrat, I would consider my self an independent even though i'm registered Republican . The problem is the parties hate each other so much anymore that even when the other side has a better mousetrap they still won't vote for . Personally I think the time has come to get rid of the two parties it's just a joke . Now you might ask yourself what's a racetrack promoter doing at a I nternational political convention , actually my sole purpose for going there besides being invited by a friend was to try and get the horsepower limit changed on Pymatuning lake to unlimited . Trust me it's not an easy thing to accomplish but I've been working on it for over two years now because we have a development hopefully coming to the area similar to the Chautauqua institution only it's going to be on Pymatuning lake . It would be a hotel and convention center and a bunch of condos and of course we would need a jogging walking bicycle track around the lake and then the crown jewel of the place would be a great learning institution hopefully under the direction of Pitt university . I've been very concerned about the decline in population and intern our riding base in the general area around our Lakeland area. We have formed a businessman's Association called. " link the lakes ". Add .org to it and you'll bring up our website. I guess the point I'm trying to make is that there is so much bitching and inner turmoil inside our political system that they will never get anything accomplished anymore . It's so very sad and I would hate to see it happen to pit racer ,I must admit that every time I post on here I'm afraid of what it's going to start , but I don't really know of getting rider feedback any other way . For the most part very few people will tell you what they really think of your place to your face . I guess I have reached the point in my life where I'm not afraid of the battles anymore I just want the brutal truth . It's really the only way you can improve your product is by asking what's wrong with it .

As chair of the county republican party, it is not much better on the county or state level either. Matt Borges and John Kasich are not helping the situation with the GOP in Ohio for sure. Very disappointing.

I love your new approach. Best of luck with the lake battle. The unlimited lakes raise the gdp of the country I suspect when you look at all the tourist revenue in to that area. We boat on Lake Lanier which has 58 miles of open water and attracts 7.6 million annual visitors. Can you imagine the money that brings in to the area? We have a 25 horsepower lake about 30 minutes from our house that we don't go to. It might sell a few canoes each year.

Back to the topic, you're not alone with your reservations about posting on here. Every track owner I've ever talked to agrees it's scary. The trouble and beauty of this site is it's brutal honesty. I don't think the new permissions will change anything. We've been moderating the yahoos for years now for you. It's the honest opinions that shouldn't get moderated that are the scary part for some. At any rate I hope the new permissions give tracks and promoters some peace of mind.

Back