Curb stomping in the subaru

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
so my fiancé likes to run over curbs in every car she gets into.

Should I buy two new tires or just 1 ?

Kumho ecsta pa31 215/45 R18 89V
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Yayyyyyyyy. I have no idea. I do know that I've hit a curb twice in my life. Going 2 mph trying to make a super tight corner in my van.

Oh well it's just money right ? $400. There goes a race weekend. Oh well Wouldn't of went racing anyway right?

Pisses me off she can't ever hit curbs on my 280,000 toyotohoopty that Needs new tires. She's gotta do it on the car that has 25,000 miles on 50,000 mile tires. Did it in her camaro last year. That was cheap. Not. I better go walk away before I start getting ridiculous on vital or Mx/sx General.

Last edited:
You sure that wheel is ok? You can get one tire from Tire Rack and have it shaved to match the others. How much wear on the others? Any cupping on inside of the tread?

Fiance = Why are you paying for her discretions now? You have your whole married life to do that! ;)

Wait until they total a few cars instead of a few tires. $$$$

Take it from somebody that has been there, done that, for almost 25 years!

Fiance = Why are you paying for her discretions? You have your entire married life to do that!

Take it from someone who's been there, done that!

And, don't get me started on kids. My oldest achieved this while on her temps. Note my pinned to the wall KLR650!

IMG_0667_zps5r9apnhk.png

What the _______.

She will pay for it. But i'm the one that's gotta do everything else. Call people buy tires. Check warranty etcv etc.

Oh - my.......
I'll bet the adjuster had a chuckle with that one.

I don't recall my reaction being as subtle as yours Sharc.

I think the adjuster did until he realized that all the door trim was custom milled California Redwood that cost a fortune to replicate. It is a 3 car garage, she just took out two of them, a load bearing wall, two garage doors, openers and hardware. Roof trusses damaged, ceiling and wall drywall damaged, foundation repair, paint etc.

Had to pay two deductibles; homeowners and vehicle. My KLR wasn't covered. Apparently you can't claim a loss when you also own the vehicle creating the loss. :(

Our truck is sympathetic and pouting about the pictures above. Should be back from the shop next week.

Yes, my wife was driving but it wasn't her fault. Hit in the rear and pushed into another vehicle.

Apparently you can't claim a loss when you also own the vehicle creating the loss. :(

A few years ago my daughter and wife backing into each other in the driveway a couple of times and I learned the same thing. Expensive lessons.

IMG_3398.JPG

Guys I don't like where this thread is heading! Not getting me excited about marriage or children LOL sorry Georgie I know the pain!

Nice touch with the box of tissues on the dash of the truck Dano. To wipe away the tears after you realize your truck is going to the bodyman once again!

"A few years ago my daughter and wife backing into each other in the driveway a couple of times and I learned the same thing. Expensive lessons."

Yes. Yes they are.

Guys I don't like where this thread is heading! Not getting me excited about marriage or children LOL sorry Georgie I know the pain!

Celebrating 30 year wedding anniversary in October and wouldn't want to trade it or raising the family for anything. Well worth every hassle I have ever had and more. Get excited!!

Celebrating 30 year wedding anniversary in October and wouldn't to trade it or raising the family for anything. Well worth every hassle I have ever had and more. Get excited!!

Congratulations Dano! 30 years is awesome! Our big day is October 15th and too be honest I'm extremely excited about it! I just hope she can deal with me for that long lol

A few years ago my daughter and wife backing into each other in the driveway a couple of times and I learned the same thing. Expensive lessons.

My oldest backed in to the neighbors car in the street backing out of our driveway. My youngest has taken out the garage door, the big trash can(dent), and the mailbox all while backing out. Of course the garage door and the mailbox had a bit to do with my wife arguing with her about something before she got in the car. Neither of them have hit a thing that didn't involve our driveway though! All are nothing compared to what Ahrma had happen with his kid going forward?? Foot froze on the gas I have to think.

Last edited:
Dano... Your truck has a sad face! Congrats on the 30 years, that's awesome to see in this day and age.

No kids here but my wife and in laws seem to destroy everything I let them borrow. Father in law drove his rzr through my garage door. Jackknifed my trailer all up. Mowed down a fairly large tree backing in to my drive way. My favorite was I laid my bike down on a trail while I was taking a water break and he drove up and parked on top of it with his Rzr. And that's not even a quarter of what my wife does on a monthly basis.

So my daughter just called from Oxford where she is moving into a new house for her senior year. Cut the turn too short going into the driveway on the blindside of the Subaru. She heard the car grinding on the curb and then figured it would be a good idea to backup. "Then I heard a loud pop" she says. Told her to duck tape it to the inside of the wheel well until we see her next week so I can weigh my options.... Figured it only makes sense to add a post to this thread.

upload_2016-8-14_11-12-9.png

Back