COCR GP 8/21

k01

PR Elite
13962482_1728211737428731_5229266871348861077_n.jpg

You better watch out posting this mark, I assume this was supposed to be a secret since they didn't advertise it anywhere.

You better watch out posting this mark, I assume this was supposed to be a secret since they didn't advertise it anywhere.

I missed the last one they had just because I didn't know about it. I was told about this one at the Rt 62 vintage race. Tomorrow's GP was originally listed on the COCR schedule as a HS. The last GP I rode there a couple of years ago had a really fun layout.

The COCR GP was one of the funnest layouts Ive ridden. I wish I could race it!!

Even hung out with k01, Im pretty sure he thought I was a normal guy.

Even hung out with k01, Im pretty sure he thought I was a normal guy

I thought you were some kind of a nut, traveling all that distance for a sparsely attended GP. Until a lap around the track, then it seemed worthwhile. Just too bad that storm washed out half of the afternoon sessions. Three sessions on a fresh, cool GP course would have made for an excellent day.

There were a few more there this past Sunday. I wasn't totally alone in the 58+ class.
Some even raced two to a side x side later in the afternoon.
2016-08-23 09.08.10.jpg

Wow..... Look at all of the grass on that start area.
It's like they haven't raced there all season.

Do they still have their gate?

Wow..... Look at all of the grass on that start area.
It's like they haven't raced there all season.

Do they still have their gate?

Seeding that area is the best way to maintain it. They only use it for starts, yes the gate is there and we were instructed to stay clear of it for GP purposes. I remember several years ago when the place was a rain rutted mess. Looks great now.

Never gave that a thought. Erosion control. And then, if and when you do till it up the decaying grass enriches the soil. K0, you taught me something today. Thank You!

Of course, there's nothing wrong with not tilling it up and leaving it as a grass start.

In my last motocross race there, I don't remember it being grassy at all, and in fact was quite dusty. But what I remembered the most was on my first moto I came off the gate hard expecting wheel spin and roost, and instead my tire hooked up and I wheelied almost out of control. Had to let off to recover. Ruined that start. (not that it makes a difference in my race results anyway, but I like to lie to myself that it does :rolleyes:).

Last edited:
Back