250/450 AMA age rule change

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
image.png

thoughts?

Loop hole... bikes are 249 and 449cc's. Open to arguments

"My kid is still eligible because his bike is only 249cc..."
Rule should've probably been written better

No loop hole. I heard right from AMA horses mouth who by the way played a role in moving age/ bike size up, both the example and clarification statements which will be rulebook under new rule clearly state the words "250 model" and "450 model" and age restriction. Bikes might be 249cc and 449cc but they are 250 and 450 model machines.

Good rule.

Not a bad idea. I think it will force more kids to ride the 125s. I just had a conversation with a gentleman at my work about this. I couldn't have imagined going from an 80 to a 250f. I remember shortly after getting my first 125 riding a friend's 250 2 stroke and thinking "what the hell is this?!" Much different than a four stroke but the same concept. And I was a chubby kid. I'm kind of excited to see kids shred some 125s again.

Damn it George. Now the AMA has to make a revision. Seriously though, I didn't think about that. How will they handle that with the new 350s?

Its a great rule. And yet one more reason why the OMA should either make schoolboy no 250Fs or run schoolboy 1 and 2. I would prefer make schoolboy all 125s. There are plenty of other classes for people on 250Fs
I would like to see the 250 C JR (12-16) limited class changed to a 125 C JR (12-16) limited class for Loretta Lynn's next year. It would be another reason for parents to buy their kids a 125 and wouldn't add a class. They already have the 250 C and 250 C Limited class. Also would like to see them take the age limit off the 125 B/C class. Make it open age.

As referenced above, myself and several Congress Delegates pushed really hard for this rule change. We had a ton of discussion around the 350F, the congress delegates felt they wanted to stop the bleeding and if we continue to have issues with the 350 models, we'll adjust. Also the 350F is techincally a 250F bottom end with a larger cyclinder, they felt it wasn't comparible to a 450F, I believe the jury is out on that discussion. Especially if KTM/Husky dump a bunch of technology into that bike. We can revisit the rule on a yearly basis. For those who say just change the class, that doesn't work. The 450 B class is technically a 122-open cc class, just because somesone is 15 and rides a 250F, we want to give them that option ride that class, if they choose.

That being said, the goal of this rule is to develop athletes on 125s. We are pushing hard to have more organizers have a 125 class and schoolboy 1 class to give a second class for that bike. Then if a 14-15 year old wants a second bike, it can be a 250F. Instead now when someone gets to big for a supermini, they are buying a 250F and 450F. I know Pat Alexander with Suzuki, is utilizing this rule to push Suzuki to bring the RM125 back to the states. You saw the RM125 at LL's and the petition going around.

Yes, it doesn't help those big kids, but the majority of kids are too small. Also I believe size has nothing to do with riding larger bikes, maturity plays a big part.

I would love to see a 125 C JR (12-16). Great idea. I'm going to make a rule proposal and submit it.

As referenced above, myself and several Congress Delegates pushed really hard for this rule change. We had a ton of discussion around the 350F, the congress delegates felt they wanted to stop the bleeding and if we continue to have issues with the 350 models, we'll adjust. Also the 350F is techincally a 250F bottom end with a larger cyclinder, they felt it wasn't comparible to a 450F, I believe the jury is out on that discussion. Especially if KTM/Husky dump a bunch of technology into that bike. We can revisit the rule on a yearly basis. For those who say just change the class, that doesn't work. The 450 B class is technically a 122-open cc class, just because somesone is 15 and rides a 250F, we want to give them that option ride that class, if they choose.

That being said, the goal of this rule is to develop athletes on 125s. We are pushing hard to have more organizers have a 125 class and schoolboy 1 class to give a second class for that bike. Then if a 14-15 year old wants a second bike, it can be a 250F. Instead now when someone gets to big for a supermini, they are buying a 250F and 450F. I know Pat Alexander with Suzuki, is utilizing this rule to push Suzuki to bring the RM125 back to the states. You saw the RM125 at LL's and the petition going around.

Yes, it doesn't help those big kids, but the majority of kids are too small. Also I believe size has nothing to do with riding larger bikes, maturity plays a big part.

I would love to see a 125 C JR (12-16). Great idea. I'm going to make a rule proposal and submit it.

How will 125 be defined from a cc stand point? 125 - 144 - 150?

With all this talk about 125s you might want to see gem I just dropped in Classifed section. This bike is loaded and comes with gear parts and more.

This bike is Clean and Cheap. I am willing to deliver to Battle race this weekend.

image.jpeg

Back