Enclosed broken into

Yeah, someone posted them on another thread. Problem is it works off blue tooth or wifi to your phone. Thats the extent of the range. It uploads the last know location to your phone. From what I get if another phone open to the signal sees it that location is also uploaded to the web.

Tile looks like it works via social networking through other users. City areas probably have better chance of locating stolen items. But not sure how many would be using tile on the east side of Cleveland.

I Wanna look more into this. There's gotta be something out there.

I hate reading all these stories about people getting things stolen.
Like George suggests, I always have resisted the urge to have ANY stickers on my trailer to tip off what may be inside. I also keep the trailer locked, my bike chained and locked to a hefty D-ring that bolts through the frame of the trailer, and then another thick lock on my sprocket. I've also installed a relatively cheap motion sensor alarm that runs off batteries that has a remote on/off key fob. Four levels of security, but NOTHING will ever keep the greediest criminals from getting what they want. I just try to make it as hard as possible for them to get an easy grab.
Edit: I just thought of something else I do. When my trailer will be parked for a while, I back it up within inches of a tree in the back and also along the side door. Literally impossible to get into without moving the trailer, and it weighs enough that moving it without at least a tractor is very difficult. Again, nothing 100%, but making it as difficult as possible so that they hopefully decide to pass on their attempt.

Last edited:
Crime must be on the rise.

You all will remember that back in March my work car was stolen, drove 50 miles away, and then torched to a crisp.
Last night, around 7pm, I was in my driveway moving gravel. Just to the east of my house (caddy-corner) is a used car lot. It's a good well kept lot that only sells nicer clean auto's.
I watched a white male pull up in a pick up truck, remove a tandem axle car trailer from the Lot owners truck, switch it over to his, and then drove off. I paid real close attention to details, but I didn't get a license number. Wasn't sure if maybe the lot owner loaned the trailer out to somebody.

The lot owner came walking to my house an hour later. Trailer stolen. Broad daylight!
The funny thing is, we all live right next to the Police Dept.

I found out a week and a half ago, that when this thief drove past my house with this trailer, he drove straight back to the church behind our neighborhood, backed the trailer up to their utility barn/shed, cut the door lock off, and pushed their $10K zero turn tractor onto the trailer and drove off with it. All during daylight. There were even people at the church when it happened.

Daring, stupid, or desperate.. they're sure being bold about it.

In my last enclosed trailer, I welded some L brackets that bolted inside to the ramp door and side door. They were made so you could slide a 2x4 into it. The 2x4 was wider than the door, so when in place, you couldn't pull the door open. I would use them sometimes when I traveled if I was leaving my trailer sit somewhere. I would put the 2x4 in the side door, and back the trailer up real close to a wall/pole, then run a chain through the tires.

I found out a week and a half ago, that when this thief drove past my house with this trailer, he drove straight back to the church behind our neighborhood, backed the trailer up to their utility barn/shed, cut the door lock off, and pushed their $10K zero turn tractor onto the trailer and drove off with it. All during daylight. There were even people at the church when it happened.

Daring, stupid, or desperate.. they're sure being bold about it.
The same happened to me, they ripped ocf my trailer and used it to steAl equipment from a local schooool

Back