What are your recommendations?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
:(

Mower blew a hole through the case. Dont even have 60 hours on this thing. Out of warranty. Obviously.

Sell the entire thing for what I can get and move on ? Or fix it ?
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

I work at a mower/car shop. It usually doesn't cost much more (if at all) to replace the engine rather than get all the parts it needs and pay for the labor to put it together. Then you have to ask yourself whether or not the tractor is worth it. If it's only got 60 hours on it then it probably is. You could go to Lowes and pick up a new 899-999 special but those usually don't last. Just don't get a kohler courage single to replace it if you go that route. We've had good luck with Kawasaki.

No changed the oil twice a season. I'm only mowing 0.985 acres....Which only takes me about 1.2 hours each time.

Mower is a craftsman yt3000. Lowes has the motor for $540. But I don't want that POS engine if it doesn't last longer than 60 hours. I mean it's not a race engine.

Is there nothing out there that doesn't last ? Feel like I should buy a decent one and an extended warranty. But if I buy the warranty I guarantee you the damn thing will last until I have grand children. That's how those work isn't it ? Que Debbie downer music.

Is there nothing out there that doesn't last ?
You have something that doesn't last.
Does it run with a hole in the lower end or was that a major incident that stopped everything? Engine looks very clean with just some oil blown out.

Zero turn's are nice if you didn't want to replace the engine on that one. Once you get the hang of it you won't go back. I mow 6 acres in less than 3 hours and that's not really pushing it. Dad might say otherwise lol.

2016-09-05 20.37.54.jpg

I just cleaned out this mess in my Kawasaki powered 2003 zero turn. Thought it was a nest but it was just cooked pine needles and grass. This was after cleaning with air at 140 psi with the motor shroud on. The cooling fan couldn't work, things got hot and resulted in a bent lifter and a ruined valve seal. It now has new parts, the valves are adjusted, cooling fins are clean and it runs great. As an added bonus the electric pto/mower clutch runs cooler and works better now.

I can't avoid cutting around and through the pines so I'll be pulling off the motor cover regularly now. It's always something with these things.

You have something that doesn't last.
Does it run with a hole in the lower end or was that a major incident that stopped everything? Engine looks very clean with just some oil blown out.

I was cutting and all the sudden my foot got hot like it did when I broke it at briarcliff. And I'm thinking to myself, well I know I didn't land on anyone or case anything on my yard....

Looked down and she's puking oil out he side and smoking. So I shut her down. But we ran a good half length of the front yard cutting. Id say around abouts 100 feet. But i was in the zone listening to rush otherwise I probably woulda realized sooner.

Reactions: DTS
Back