COCR 9-17 and 9-18 Updates

Not complaining, simply discussing.
There's no harm in having open discussions about stuff like track prep as long as it's done respectfully and with no intent to just criticize. COCR's dirt has been a discussion source for many years, and It's been said before that the track could use some expert help.

Myself personally thought the dirt prep was fine the last time I raced there. Rutted up nicely where it should and was challenging. The start area got pretty dusty by late afternoon, but I've just come top expect some of that.

Last edited:
Does it still look like this?

No, left of the trailer, from the last GP. Jump out and down to the downside now.
2016-09-14 15.27.10.jpg

The 3 pt. tiller does well with COCR's red clay. Unless there's too much rain after tilling. Then it becomes sloppy mud on hard, slick clay like in the picture.

It definitely looks like they've tamed that jump down some. Here is a picture from this morning.

So are they open or not ?
It's f*****g ridiculous that they don't let anyone know. I live in Canal and we got hammered around 5:30.

I heard conditions were very good today. Had 70-80 for practice. Looks like it may not even rain down this way.

Let's hear some feedback....dirt clods too big, too little, dust bowl, too much water, jumps terrible, $5 too much for gate fee, etc... lol

There you go. Everyone stay home.

Got just enough rain last night. Track should be good!

That looks perfect! That little bit of mud will shape up nicely and get rough. It's motocross. I understand people bitch about the dust, buts it's clay it's bound to happen eventually with heat, riders and the slightest bit of a breeze.

Hmmm....
1. So was I just too late on posting this thread (4 days before the weekend)?
2. People remembering bad experiences from the past?
3. Or is Pitracer not the place to post races to try to draw riders?

I really want to help. I've got some deep, personal history with this place, and I'd like to keep it around. I am not a current member though.

Turn out was not so good.

Next race weekend is October 22nd practice, and race October 23rd. GP on the 30th. I'll make a new thread when we get a little closer.

I think the turnout was around 70 and practice was around 50-60. Having a dusty practice the day before the race has to hurt the chance of people coming back the next day. Also no updates about practice can't help anything. There was a handful of people Saturday morning wondering if they were still open on Facebook. Minus the prep and dust I really enjoy the track.

I think the turnout was around 70 and practice was around 50-60. Having a dusty practice the day before the race has to hurt the chance of people coming back the next day. Also no updates about practice can't help anything. There was a handful of people Saturday morning wondering if they were still open on Facebook. Minus the prep and dust I really enjoy the track.
Thanks for the input. I don't do Facebook, so I'm only going to try to help here. I'll let someone know that they need to try to keep up with FB.

Keep up the good fight Ron, its great to see you putting effort into promoting the track. Look in the practice and race forums, there are easy ways to put your events in now and also have them upload into the calendar of events. You can moderate them yourself.

Now some one just needs to get the track to care as much as you do.

I've stayed away the last few years. Last time we were there they watered at intermission on top of all the deep ruts and hard pack and never touched it with a dozer. I was like WTF? Plus small turn outs make it not worth the 2 hour drive.

Back