CTMX Promoter Wrap Up

Chilli Town MX

PR Addict
***Promoter review of 6th annual Halloween Moto Mayhem***

Smooth as butter! I've wanted to say that about an event since day one. I honestly believe this was one of the best events we have ever executed. My anxiety level is through the roof during race weekend, in hopes that every little detail goes per plan. I can critique all areas, sure we had a few hiccups, but the overall experience should have been top notch for all attendees. We processed over 500 practice entries and 620 race entries, for other promoters reading this, they can understand the complications that come from such large numbers. With the bigger turnouts, it takes not only the on track activities to the next level, but also the pits, sign ups and camping. Our CTMX team, comprised of over 70 individuals, came together this past weekend and literally hit a home run.
Our sign up and registration ran very smoothly, we had AMA representatives on site Saturday to help alleviate any AMA questions or concerns. We still had some non vet riders signing up in the Vet practice group, shame on you. You know who you are. Practice clicked off to the T, we managed to get everyone 3 solid practice sessions. The Saturday Quad and Pw racing had one setback in the first moto after intermission due to a wreck in the first turn and a rider showing up late without his helmet on. We will also be going by time next year on the PW race class. I had parents argue about each rider should get 4 full laps, but when that approaches the 20 minute mark per moto, we have to get it under control. We were within minutes of Saturday's last moto getting too dark, but we made it.
Saturday evening activities were off the hook, several hundred attendees packed the Custom Power Sports fan zone for what would be our biggest off track event to date. The costume contest, pumpkin decorating, trick or treat, and Chilli contest were all well very well received.
Even though we had a full time Pit Patrol strolling the grounds, we still had problems with pit riding. Pit riding is a privilege, it would help if parents would participate in regulating their own kids. One parent said he would never be back to ChilliTown because "Chilli wants to be *ssholes about pit bikes, I'm not going to have them say my child can't ride a pit bike". Really? Maybe its parents like this that need to shadow myself on a race weekend and see the flip side of his negative nancy attitude.
Moving forward to track prep. Our Bat Cave Crew worked tirelessly all weekend long. Besides a few behind the scenes equipment problems, the riders should have noticed our efforts each time on the track. I did call for a second track prep on Sunday during the middle of the second motos. We were starting to lose the track due to the sun and wind. I made the decision to do a quick prep right before the Plus Senior 40 moto. This decision was not popular with that particular class, nobody wants a prep right before their moto, but it was necessary to make for good racing conditions for the remaining 8 motos. We ended up with a few squad runs, but overall a safe event with the amount of laps surrendered this weekend.
Sunday racing was jammed packed with several full gate drops. What happens when you put 33 two strokers on the same gate drop? You close your eyes, listen to the ring, smell the fumes and give a first place trophy to Michael Hand out of Mantua, Ohio. Levi Kilbarger took the Open A overall, battling each moto to the finish, in his podium interview he expressed the appreciation to the clean racing by second place finisher Colin Thomas.
The super mini class lined up with 38 contestants, it was quick to see that the fastest kid on the track was Brock Wagner, but after leading the first few laps in moto one, he took a hard digger in the back section. Brock won moto 2 but could not overcome the consistency of Gregory Evans who went 3-2 for the overall win. 250C had a whopping 44 entries on the gate, our first full gate of 2016, Blake Gibbs from Ashland KY took the 1-1 for an easy overall plate. Luke Fauser out of Midland PA owned the day in the 50cc classes, he held down the number one spot in both motos beating out 37 other rippers.
Perhaps the best race of the weekend went to the Plus Senior 50 class in moto 2, Mark Vanbibber and Richard Custard battled it out in the last moto of the Mayhem weekend, back and forth all four laps they went, before Vanbibber made a last minute pass to win the second moto, but the overall still went to Custard.
One of ChilliTown's best attributes has always been that we listen to our racers and fans. In order to close the chapter on the "6th Annual Halloween Moto Mayhem", I ask for you to share your comments on your experience from this event.
Big shout out to our sponsors, fans, racers, Ross Co Ag Society, and the CTMX team. Well done folks, it was sure one for the record books!!!
Jeremy Forcum

Was great, i did miss the band.. but because there was no band i was in bed early..

Nick stepped.it.up once again looking better every race.

Thanks for the moto.

I wish I could have made it, sounds great. I heard more than a few very positive reviews. Your crew sets the bar for Ohio MX for sure.

620 race entries for race not tied to any special event series....be proud of your accomplishments!!

Having not attended I still have one negative comment......Knox running his keyboard and getting everyone excited to see him race (and fail .... LOL) after like 16 years off a bike only to bag out with a leaky water pump seal (Id like to see real evidence)...... He put Mike Alessi to shame with not "believing the HYPE"

Haha!

I wish I could have made it, sounds great. I heard more than a few very positive reviews. Your crew sets the bar for Ohio MX for sure.

620 race entries for race not tied to any special event series....be proud of your accomplishments!!

Having not attended I still have one negative comment......Knox running his keyboard and getting everyone excited to see him race (and fail .... LOL) after like 16 years off a bike only to bag out with a leaky water pump seal (Id like to see real evidence)...... He put Mike Alessi to shame with not "believing the HYPE"

Haha!
I agree with all the above, and we were there and had a great time. My daughter said, "the Trick or Treat" was off the hook, she got more candy there then she gets at home doing trick or treat. I personally love being able to watch OSU and the Monster Energy Cup on the big screen TV's. My son said the track was good and some really good racing, with huge gates. Good job Chillitown!!!!

However, I was soooooooooo disappointed not seeing Knox out there racing. What a HUGE build up in his thread and then a no show for racing. That just isn't right. I also would like like to see real evidence. :(

Back