AHRMA Fall Races

Mike

PR Addict
As the weather up here starts to gets nasty AHRMA holds a number of southern races to extend the season for Vintage MX. In the last 6 weeks I have had a blast racing in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and we have one more, Rio Bravo in Houston November 11-13.

For those that have not had a chance to enjoy Rio Bravo here a bit of info that might make you think about a trip to TX. First and foremost the track is spectacular, a former AMA National & Trans AM track from the 1970's . Danny Erdeljac and his wife Kimmy have not only restored the tracks original luster, but added to the facility. Now with a swimming pool, hot showers, a 2 story pavilion, stage, and a full time employee who sole job is track prep and improvement it has become THE motocross track for Houston riders.

Danny goes all out for the AHRMA event, a motocross school Friday with Marty Smith, open practice Friday afternoon, a free southern seafood buffet dinner Friday and a free Dinner Saturday night, Live music each evening, Scantily clad RED BUD girls giving out free RED BUD in all flavors, free wine & beer Saturday night, and a free barbeque lunch on Sunday. And a few celebrities in the mix, last year Lyle Lovett and his H & M racing team, Lyle rides a vintage Husky, and will likely be back this year. And the word on the street is that there will be an appearance this year by the MAN himself, Rodger Decoster.

Vintage racing Saturday with Post Vintage racing Sunday, and Marty Tripes and his small bore 100 / 125 races both days. Sunday they host the Texas vintage motorcycle show in the pavilion, all types of bikes. We spent some time late year looking at an original Honda RC500 works bike.

There are a number of Ohio guys heading that way join us.

Last Sunday at Moberly MO
Moberly2.jpeg.jpeg

Mike,

I'll see you there. I need to work in Houston the following week so am going to fly in a day early to catch the racing.

DanO

Have fun guys! This IMO the second best Pv race in the country behind Unadilla! Mike tell Jorski I'll see him next year!

Mike,

I'll see you there. I need to work in Houston the following week so am going to fly in a day early to catch the racing.

DanO
I am driving past your house, can I pick up a bike & gear for you to ride?

Back