One More Time.....BC 11-5 & 11-6

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I bet I got asked 30 times over the weekend about this coming weekend. I feel like we can still plant the wheat next week and squeeze in one more ride, but this Saturday and Sunday that is it. We have to start tearing down banners, pulling pumps, winterizing the well and all equipment. So here goes, shooting for this weekend 11-5pm for the last hurrah of 2016. Hopefully the weather obeys our wanting to ride this weekend!

Very little rain here today, looks like just enough to kill what little dust that was here. Perfect setup for the weekend. Highs in the mid 60s!! Definitely the best way to end the season.

Good seeing you out there Ron.

Open today, final practice of the year. Set your clocks back! Open at 11am, 12 if you are on yesterday's time.

Im getting off at 1, bikes are in the trailer out side the office, ready to roll. Tell all the mini kids yo usee to stay put so Logan has someone to ride with lol.

Thinking back, I remember last rides huddled around small fires, only riding a few laps
with fingers so cold you could barely hang on. Such was not the case this past weekend.
You had great track conditions and 2 beautiful fall days, Thanks for a great weekend!

As much as I dislike the end of the season coming before really cold weather hits, props
to you for the ecological reinvestment in your soil.

Last edited:
If you are planting wheat as a cover crop, you may want to consider planting cereal rye or annual ryegrass with it.

Just the farmer in me talking.....

If you are planting wheat as a cover crop, you may want to consider planting cereal rye or annual ryegrass with it.

Just the farmer in me talking.....
Yes as a cover crop. I'm not a farmer, nor do I play one on Tv, so any advise is very much appreciated. Will the Rye grow in the same temps as the wheat? I'm seeing the wheat having a germination temp of 35-60 degrees?? In other words is too late to mix the rye in? How many pounds per acre on Rye? Thanks in advance.

Give me a call when you get a chance, 41968o21oo. If I don't answer I'll give you a call back

All banners & track markers pulled, trash cans stored away, final grading has begun, pulling pumps next, too much to do before Thanksgiving. Sorry.

One more! this weekend is going to be good again!!!!!

It was a cool and clear November morning as I labored to load bikes, gear, cooler and chairs into the old Ford, while the wife cooked up a pancake, eqq and bacon breakfast for me, the daughter and grandkids as we prepared for our final trip to Briarcliff for the year 2016.,

We paid our entry, rolled down the drive, unloaded, and began our day of fun and thrills riding on well prepared tracks amongst a parking lot of friends and like minded strangers. We must of put in 250 laps on the kiddy track with the eldest grandson on his Pdub, while the 4-yr old and I chased on the RT100. We made a couple trips trying our hand at mastering the woods loop, and exploring a course that seems different with every lap. On a couple of occasions that the kids exhausted themselves and required lunch or drink and snack breaks, I managed to steal away for a handful of hot laps on the MX tracks where I done my best to gain back some speed, reinforce good riding habits, and just have some good ole fun dicing it up with other motivated riders. It was a blast, as usual.

As the closing hour approached, and the kids, weary and spent, fell to the chairs and began changing to street clothes, I made a trip over to the big track. The sun was low in the sky, the shadows were long, and the track was all aglow in a halo of yellow, gold and brown light. Varieties of corner ruts were well cut and defined, excel and breaker bumps everywhere, and the jumps looked exciting.

The track looked as perfect as it ever could and was a portrait of everything we love about motocross. As I made my way around, not jumping a single jump, I rode slowly and drank it all in before it was gone for the year. It could never be more picture perfect than at that moment. . . . . . .And Mike (beenridin) missed it! :(:D

Last edited:
As the closing hour approached, and the kids, weary and spent, fell to the chairs and began changing to street clothes, I made a trip over to the big track. The sun was low in the sky, the shadows were long, and the track was all aglow in a halo of yellow, gold and brown light. Varieties of corner ruts were well cut and defined, excel and breaker bumps everywhere, and the jumps looked exciting.

The track looked as perfect as it ever could and was a portrait of everything we love about motocross. As I made may way around, not jumping a single jump, I rode slowly and drank it all in before it was gone for the year. It could never be more picture perfect than at that moment. . . . . . .And Mike (beenridin) missed it! :(:D

-BOOM- ya nailed-it Mike!

I was down on Sunday & rode till I was spent.
Track was phenomenal, surreal.
Got a little snail-trail of dirt under the fenders from a full day of riding.
Raced a bunch of fast guys - beat none of them but it's always a thrill when they go ripping past.

Thanks BC Crew -

Back