Lets hear about your track storys!!

Baker_741

PR Member
I have a pretty good track story. a few actually. the first one was at pymatuming I think it was like late in 1999, early 2000s I dont even think I was a year old when my older brother( GeorgiePorgie) went off the finish line jump and it was all hell after that. his bike went cartwheeling and he was in the pond. I rememeber they brought him back on the Green John deere in his Taz boxers. I think we still have them too this day!! I think its crazy that I remember it like it was yesterday and I wasnt even a year old. Now lets hear about some of your good track storys!

Your 1 year old memory was close.

Crute crossed over on the step up on the last lap he decided not to hit it but had been every lap before it. Back when it was a nasty step up. I locked em up. Cased and ended up in the pond.

Racing incident. Stuff happens.

There's many stories. One time at SVR I crashed and couldnt remember the track so I crashed again. Pulled off after that and didn't know where I was.couldn't find the truck.

Hershey has a great one. He wadded up hard first day of our south trip. At the trailer he's gazing off in space, looks at the bike on the stand and goes...."hmm is that my bike? No. that's a Suzuki. Wait I have a Suzuki?" I think he bought it the day before the trip.

that was intentional

just kidding.. still not taking blame for it. hahaha. i went in the pond there once, still got the t shirt.

dave "thank god for that neck brace"..hahahahaha

i ate it so bad at malvern once i got up and went the wrong way on the track for a good couple of sections before someone convinced me otherwise....

2013 Action Sports Post Vintage Race, Athens, Ohio.

At age 51 first race in my life and first time on an actual track.

I asked the guy working the gate where I could line up so I didn't get in anyone's way.

Answer: "Behind the water truck you pussy! This is motocross now line up and race like you have a set!"

I have liked this sport and you guys ever since.

Jack and I were racing at Malvern. He was on a 50 Ktm.
I get him up to the line and off . He is leaping off the singles in the back section and wadded up his helmet separating from his head. It rolls off the track.
He gets a ride back to the gate and says Dad you forgot to buckle my helmet. To this day I can't live that down.
Dads fault!!!

One time at MM Jack is rippin up the sand track. Sharc is off on a trail ride and enters the track . He must not have seen Babs Jr. They t- bone each other and separate from bikes in a flail of arms and legs!!!
Old meets young!
Made the whole trip!!! Better than the old alien flu!!!

I asked the guy working the gate where I could line up so I didn't get in anyone's way.

Answer: "Behind the water truck you pussy! This is motocross now line up and race like you have a set!"

My first race also.... and many great experiences and lots of new friends later it continues to be a lot of fun.

Yes indeed, here it is. Crute figured out it was better in slo mo so be sure to watch it, especially the shadows!

New bike, new suspension by an unnamed company I used prior to Ohlins. First day, first lap.

Jack and I were racing at Malvern. He was on a 50 Ktm.
I get him up to the line and off . He is leaping off the singles in the back section and wadded up his helmet separating from his head. It rolls off the track.
He gets a ride back to the gate and says Dad you forgot to buckle my helmet. To this day I can't live that down.
Dads fault!!!

One time at MM Jack is rippin up the sand track. Sharc is off on a trail ride and enters the track . He must not have seen Babs Jr. They t- bone each other and separate from bikes in a flail of arms and legs!!!
Old meets young!
Made the whole trip!!! Better than the old alien flu!!!

And the best part of being a new rider in your 50's, we are still getting faster, the other guys not so much..........

Yes indeed, here it is. Crute figured out it was better in slo mo so be sure to watch it, especially the shadows!

New bike, new suspension by an unnamed company I used prior to Ohlins. First day, first lap.
Bro. The owner told you specifically that area of the track can bite you. You asked any places I should worry about? And he goes "that stretch will bite you"

That time George Baker III cleaned me out at the Highpoint qualifier in 2013 by jumping over some ruts to stop my pass while we were battling for probably last place in +25. I was mad as a hornet in between motos planning my revenge for moto 2, all while bitching to the girlfriend(now wife) and making her real mad at him too. Ended up getting the start and keeping him at bay next moto so no revenge effort was applied.

What makes the story is when my wife and I went to George's wedding this year and she said she's never met him outside of our own wedding, and didn't know we were such good friends. I had to tell her he was the guy from highpoint in which she replied "And you guys are friends now?!" Then I explained thats how all the good friendships start.

:D

Yea so, I felt like a real aHole. Called crute because I knew he had johnnys number. Got the number ans I sent him a text right after that Moto and immediately apologized. He didn't check his phone all day. :p

Fast forward to my gokart Bachelor party and Johnny edged me out again I think by a tenth of a second. I gotta get those videos uploaded.

There's many stories. One time at SVR I crashed and couldnt remember the track so I crashed again. Pulled off after that and didn't know where I was.couldn't find the truck.

Hershey Chas a great one. He wadded up hard first day of our south trip. At the trailer he's gazing off in space, looks at the bike on the stand and goes...."hmm is that my bike? No. that's a Suzuki. Wait I have a Suzuki?" I think he bought it the day before the trip.

Concussion Confusion..gotta love it! ( or was that confussion concusion ??? )

Who am I and why and I here ? :confused::D

Last edited:
My best story? Sunday, as I finished two days and five sessions of GP racing, I also finished an entire riding and racing season without hitting the ground even one time. It doesn't get any better than that for little old me. :)

2009 I was riding split rail (small indoor track in new concord Ohio) track was made for pit bikes but allowed big bikes to ride. I was on my rm250 and there was this 60ft double right out of a 180* corner into an immediate left hand berm. I kept casing it, and finally seat bounced the hell out of it, only to case it and whiskey throttle it and launch off the berm into the side of the building... I flew outside the building and fell about 20ft to frozen ground and ran back inside to see my Suzuki hanging my the expansion chamber on the rafters wfo... I'll never forget that day

I was flagging at NEMX. IT was cold as hell. All the sudden I feel a huge draft and wonder who the hell opened the garage door on that side of the building.....oh wait, there wasn't a garage door over there. Yellow flag. Run over, see a squirrely rut through the 2.5 feet of snow on the ground. Followed it back around the building to the guys truck. He was laughing histerically. The yoyo whiskey throttled through the building and never crashed.

I was at ram Jam when the first opened and there was a small double out of a corner. it was my first ride on my 05 125. Got a brand new helmet for Christmas. Yamaha changed the gears that year to a six speed. I was in first gear, clicked what I thought was second, really a false neutral, and went over the bars. knocked myself dingy and cracked my brand new helmet.

Seems like lots of indoor stories about going through walls.. mine was hitting neutral. You can get hurt going slow too. Usually how I end up getting hurt.

Back