2017 - What a year it was.........

Mike

PR Addict
Mikey’s Excellent Adventure - 2016 Edition

Only my 3rd year racing MX, but what a year it was.

Started in Florida in February, and ending last weekend in Texas. 17 AHRMA & AMA Vintage events, 89 moto’s, numerous practice days. No DNF or DNS’s and only one concussion, and a few misc. bangs and bruises.

Traveling over 16,500 miles to race in 12 states, AL, OH, FL, OK, AK, NC, VA, WV, TX, NY,KY, & MO. And enjoyed assisting Dave in our new AHRMA Great Lakes Regional series. Also cool to be working on the soon to be announced RED BUD National Vintage event for 2107.

Don’t want to talk cost like the other forum, but let’s just say I started the year with 1 bike in a hitch carrier with my old suv. And ended the year racing 3 bikes, a 14 x 7 trailer, a generator & all kinds of “STUFF”, and a nice new 2016 F150 to haul it all.

And the best part about starting to race at 55 is “MY FASTER DAYS ARE STILL AHEAD”.

Okmulgee.jpg

Last edited:
Good year for sure. Is this your retirement?? Or do you try to sneak in some work in the off time?

Living the dream! What the heck. I'd drive 209 miles to ride for 45 minutes too. Call me foolish. Not!
I just like to ride!!!

I think he was using an old vintage helmet and it did not work so good and he was a little goofy for a couple of days.

Neck Brace? ha aha leave it alone

Back