any furniture dealers?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Just wondering if theres any fellow moto brethren in the furniture business.....

If so, is the markup on furniture ridiculous? I feel like these places are making 1000% profit or more. I just can't understand how some of these sectional sofa's are $2500-3000.

Like this one:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/images2.eprevue.net/p4dbimg/401/images/5630 spec pad.pdf

This business feels like I should be able to call every furniture dealer, like I call mx shops when searching for the best out the door price. After you buy the stuff it isn't worth anything.

Haha, this is seriously like buying a dirtbike:

Levin quote: 3902.22 out the door. Vomit in my mouth. (That HUGE place must be expensive to heat)
Watsons: 3184.35 out the door.
Perrino quote 2846.17 out the door (Said they will beat anyone by 10%, so we will see)
Griffiths quote 2755.20

So i'm at 2479.68 if I show Perrino my Griffith quote and go with them....

Ah hell, I might as well call around to about 16 more places. The funniest part of this, called a mom and pop shop with all the info and she asked me if I needed a job...

Last edited:
You know you're just north of Amish country right? You want an
intro to the best guy, lemme know. Not cheapest ever but best
quality ever and damn good prices.

Pain in the ass to reach too, forgot that. But worth it.

No, they don't moto. Don't even have a phone in the building, gotta go outside
to answer it. Has a CNC router though, not sure how that works with his pastor.

If it's gonna truly last me I'm open. But a lot of s**t im looking at is just that....s**t! 2500-4000 for garbage.

to answer it. Has a CNC router though, not sure how that works with his pastor.

Lol, the pastor probably sold it to him! The Amish arent what they used to be. Whats the difference if the phone is in your house or outside? They do many things that used to be banned.

Try looking at Homestead Furniture in Mt Hope. (Amish country).
I don't recall what they had in the way of couch's and living room furniture, but the quality of what they do carry and can build is good.
The wife hounded me to buy her an entertainment center a while back. Like you, if I'm gonna break a $1000, might as well spend whatever it costs to get something quality and solid. It was money very well spent and will hold it's value.

If it's gonna truly last me I'm open. But a lot of s**t im looking at is just that....s**t! 2500-4000 for garbage.
Too busy to read this crap lately. I'll get you Christ's (pronounced Krist, really his name) number tomorrow if you're still interested.
If you know what you want, he'll build it and it will be excellent. If you don't know what you want
and want somebody to design it for you, he'll know the guy so he can build it.

C.A. Miller Woodworking. 17090 Jug St, Burton, OH 44021
(440) 834-1540

Tell him Virtec sent you.

Revisiting this....

Got a huge house to fill now.....lol. Any good bedroom sets you all know of ?

Hard to get ahold of this amber Miller guy. He’s old shool amish for sure.

Back