OMA 2017 News

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
In 2016 we definitely faced some scheduling issues with the number of tracks and racing events, Saturdays versus Sundays, and various other factors. Moving forward we are organizing North and South Divisions within the OMA. The North will include TV Land, Amherst, Western Reserve, Summit Indoors, and Malvern. the South will include Dirt Country, East Fork, Chilli Town, Route 62 and Briarcliff. We will have North and South Divisional Champions and Overall Champions. The Battle, Saturday Night, and Faircross series will remain. This will allow some overlap on weekends as some tracks are 3-4 hours apart, we will be paying more attention to scheduling this time around. More details to come as we schedule over the next few weeks.

Like it! I've been one of the biggest supporters of the OMA from the old D 11 from day 1. Never could figure out how so many regular D 11 riders would not go to Chillitown, or even show back up at Dirt Country last year when they used to race these tracks. Hopefully the south division having 5 tracks might draw many of these guys to the OMA. I will do what I can to help promote it for sure.

OIR is a unique animal. I think the zoning seriously hurts anyone trying to promote it. Someone has made an attempt every year since 2013. As far as OIR in 2017, I don't think that Chet and Nick want to continue the fight, it just isn't working out.

Was really hoping oir would be on this list. Good luck in 2017 to all tracks and racers.

Ive heard some rumors about OIR but keeping quiet for now. Lets see, it may not be dead.

Great to see the OMA taking more steps to improve Ohio racing. Its amazing to here people out of state that have heard about the Battle races. Great job!

Sounds like the OMA administration has a good plan set for 2017.
Any of you promoters in need of an outstanding announcer to make your race an event: contact me as soon as possible to lock in your event dates!

Keep it coming...I'm looking forward to bit more moto for this dog than was so in 2016...Silver Lake, a practice, and a GP just isn't going to cut it in 2017... :)

Back