CTMX Regional

We are super stoked to get a shot at a youth regional. I think we'll get a chance to showcase our facility to a whole new group of riders. Hopefully this will fertilize growth at our other events. We'd love to hear feedback from the PR crowd on how we can make this particular event spectacular.

size0.jpg
We are super stoked to get a shot at a youth regional. I think we'll get a chance to showcase our facility to a whole new group of riders. Hopefully this will fertilize growth at our other events. We'd love to hear feedback from the PR crowd on how we can make this particular event spectacular.

As soon as I heard that Chilly may get the youth the first thing that popped in my head was.

If I ever wanted to showcase MotoCross to someone that has never experienced it before, a Chilly Youth Regional would be the bomb.

My suggestion would be:

Make sure the racing goes off like clockwork.

Be yourselves in how you make things interesting and fun outside of the racing agenda.

Most of all:

Promote to the “never been” people. Get folks that come to bring someone along that typically wouldn’t come.

Give them something to make them feel special. A snow cone? A flower for their lapel? ….you guys decide, you’re great at that..

Advertise locally like crazy. Non MX folks will be blown away when they witness a Youth Regional, the pomp, posturing, competition and comradery of it all will leave an impression.

You’ve got a facility that is comfortable for a much wider audience than the typical race track, so use it to its fullest during that weekend.

Last edited:
Yea local advertising can potentially draw a huge amount of spectators.

Wonder if you can get some grand stands/bleacher seating erected or something so that spectating is easy....

My wife would be excited for this regional. She's never excited about going to race tracks except chilitown.

Have the fairgrounds invest some money in cleaning up and remodeling those bathrooms in the shower house.

Would be awesome to get RacerTV to film the event possibly.

Perfect event to grow tbe sport. for sure if it were advertised you would get non moto people to watch. maybe some would think its so cool they would buy a bike.

I cant wait and nick is pumped.up..

I'm pretty sure the last place to grow the sport would be at a YOUTH REGIONAL in the MID-EAST. You obviously haven't spent time around the 50cc class at a Youth Regional and the money and the rigs that pull into those places. Plus the cost associated with those events. That would be pretty discouraging to a new comer.

Grow the sport... the OMA races would be the best place.

Control Pit Riding
I'm pretty sure the last place to grow the sport would be at a YOUTH REGIONAL in the MID-EAST. You obviously haven't spent time around the 50cc class at a Youth Regional and the money and the rigs that pull into those places. Plus the cost associated with those events. That would be pretty discouraging to a new comer.

Grow the sport... the OMA races would be the best place.

What??? ....help me understand this view.

What??? ....help me understand this view.

I can see both sides. All the bikes and the on track action would certainly excite just about any kid. If it doesn't then they are in no way good for Moto. However, from an outsiders perspective the regional could prove to be very expensive to newcomers (parents). To us idiots who are hopelessly addicted, its worth it! Plus the arguing and things that sometime happen at qualifiers and regionals might be a turnoff too (again to newcomers). But that stuff can happen at any race too.

Sorry, seems I jumped the gun with my reply. Wasn't thinking in terms of "new comer" at all.

Why, because this is a Regional ??? Everyone there is already an AMA member, they have raced and qualified to be there. So there's no "new comers"- at all.

I was commenting on Chilli having a facility in place that can appease a much wider bandwidth of spectator.
And hopefully some of those folks begin to see MX in a positive light and are then willing to explore our sport more thoroughly.

It's because of the big rigs, big money, stiff competition and amazing action that the "spectacle" that is MX is exemplified at a Youth Regional.
It is that "spectacle" that I feel will leave NON-MX folks (spectators) with the feeling they got their moneys worth at the "show" they just paid for.

If growing the sport to you means more AMA members.....Well, that's work for the all knowing powers in Pickerington.

FYI,careful when using words like "you obviously".....You don't know me from Adam.

Last edited:
Back