Title

John250

PR Founding Father
I know this has been hammered on this site a million times, but don't want to search and then read 10,000 post.

Someone bought a Zuma in 2004 in Cincinnati. Lived in Indiana. Never titled the Zuma it was rode in a campground. Second owner bought it that way, with the bill of sale and Manufacturer Certificate of Origin. He tried to title it a few years ago, and tried contacting the old owner with no luck. If a third buyer buys it, is there any way to get a title to it to get a plate?

Just need a answer to that specific situation.

I know this has been hammered on this site a million times, but don't want to search and then read 10,000 post.

Someone bought a Zuma in 2004 in Cincinnati. Lived in Indiana. Never titled the Zuma it was rode in a campground. Second owner bought it that way, with the bill of sale and Manufacturer Certificate of Origin. He tried to title it a few years ago, and tried contacting the old owner with no luck. If a third buyer buys it, is there any way to get a title to it to get a plate?

Just need a answer to that specific situation.
I would say the guy that bought it with a bill a sales never paid tax on it. So you might have to pay the back taxes on it

I just asked my wife who works at a dealership, and she said said only the person that bought it can file for a title. I even aske if someone could file for a lost title and no go on that also.

That's basically how I got my 144 titled. Got lucky. Bike cert of origin was nc. Nc doesn't title dirtbikes. Notarized letter from seller with nc apartment address. Bang. Got an Ohio title.

Check the cert of origin. If it's in a state that doesn't title use an apartment in said state. And transfer.

Ohio is a pain in the rear when it comes to this. I used this service http://www.motorecyclenow.com/title-service.html similar to what the craigslist add says this guy got me registered in VT for what I remember was $185 total. I walked into the BMV with that registration and they handed me a street legal title. I will tell you I was not crazy about the way it was done but it worked -just seemed kind of fishy. The guy does claim to be a lawyer but he lives in PA I think.

I have heard it is easier to do in IN but you would have to have a friend living there willing to claim it was theirs, go to a police station for inspection, and then get it titled in their name. They then "sell" it to you in Ohio.

There should be some sort of way to get a title for a bike that you have all the other paper work for MCO and bill of sale. Tried tracking owner down, willing to pay the taxes and can not get any responses.

If it was purchased in a state that issues titles, the original owner would have to pay the original taxes on it and get it titled. Then transfer from there. I just looked into this a few months ago when I was looking.

bought in Cincinnati, and owner lives in Indiana. Second owner is a friend of mine in Ohio.

Put your motorcycle plate on it and do the speed limit. Sheesh. Of all the criminal activity that goes on that Would be the last they would figure out.

Don't you have a bunch of zumas ?

That's the plan. I am going to just take a tag off another bike. Worst that happens is your stopped and fined for it.

No Zumas. My dad has some old CT 70 and Z 50s

I would do what Georgie said. I do know that basically it was explained to me by the Ohio Title agency, [when I bought a car years ago for my oldest son, and on the way home we put the title in the glove box along with brake fluid which ruined the title.] was first you have to exhaust every effort to get ahold of the previous owner and have them sign another title application. If that doesn't work, then you basically write a letter to the Registrar pleaing your case and providing all the information you have and then the registrar will make a judgement. You will then either be denied, or be ordered a "Court Ordered Title"

Well that is a bit more positive. I know a couple people at the title agency. Maybe I plead my case.

Good morning, Ladies and Gents.

Prepping for a project tomorrow. A new UTV titled with the MCO as a OHV. It has all the required safety equipment; brake lights turn signals and so forth. Going to the BMV here in Ohio and going to try to get a body style change to a "Truck". If I am successful, it will no longer be classified as an OHV. I did my homework and I think this may fly.

Back