Action Sport Arena x

Rowe276dad

PR Member
Looking for any personal information about this race. I've read the information on their site, but looking for some real feedback.

Used to be a good arena to race in back 15 years or so ago. Not sure if it is still held in the big arena at the fairgrounds in Louisville though.

Wow, thanks everyone for their input. I guess if you're not bitchin about Seat time, C class, neck braces or moaning about a $25 membership. Well, there's not much else to discuss.

I went 2 years ago as a spectator. I liked Drew's layout better than the Cincinnati ArenaCross track layout last year. The program moved fast and if you have a kid riding, I think it will feel like a big deal because it drew a decent sized spectator crowd. I'd guess there were a couple of thousand spectators with lots of cheering and a good family atmosphere. There were some fast little racers.

I am not sure about space for parking a motorhome. If I remember correctly it is in the center of downtown. I think we parked in a parking garage and I don't remember seeing a lot of open parking space. We did get there after dark so I could have missed an area.

We live in Cincinnati and my wife and I are probably going to head over again this year. It is less than a 2 1/2 hour drive from Cincy.

I went 2 years ago as a spectator. I liked Drew's layout better than the Cincinnati ArenaCross track layout last year. The program moved fast and if you have a kid riding, I think it will feel like a big deal because it drew a decent sized spectator crowd. I'd guess there were a couple of thousand spectators with lots of cheering and a good family atmosphere. There were some fast little racers.

I am not sure about space for parking a motorhome. If I remember correctly it is in the center of downtown. I think we parked in a parking garage and I don't remember seeing a lot of open parking space. We did get there after dark so I could have missed an area.

We live in Cincinnati and my wife and I are probably going to head over again this year. It is less than a 2 1/2 hour drive from Cincy.
Thanks for the information. I talked to Drew last night. Drew was very polite.

Wow, thanks everyone for their input. I guess if you're not bitchin about Seat time, C class, neck braces or moaning about a $25 membership. Well, there's not much else to discuss.
Unfortunately you did not get much feedback cause most of the people on here are northern Ohio riders and they race Summit that weekend.
I have not been to Huntington in 20 years but I can tell you back in the day it was one of the must run races. Arena is right downtown so parking a motorhome can be done but you will have to be in an offsite parking lot. Racer parking is in a fairly small lot that fills up quick. The main parking lot for the arena is on the other end. I assume you can park there for a fee.
The building is really good for racing. Pretty good size floor and Drew always builds a good track. I have heard it has been "tamed down" over the past few years. But it was always good when I went.
Huge crowd on Saturday nights.
Hotels within walking distance. And a really good bar in the middle of the walk from the arena to the hotel. Again, that was a long time ago so I am sure things have changed.
Indoor pit for all the bikes back then so you almost never had to go out in the cold.
Huntington and c-bus indoor races that Drew put on was my favorite two race weekends of the year. Drew has a great staff and runs a quality event.
Not sure if this helps given the long laps in my experience. But I give it a big thumbs up. I may go to watch, just not racing... YET.
Oh, and no $25 membership needed.... :)

Drew's races were always much better than those National Arenacross is. You could race two nights when you went. In my opinion the tracks are always better and when it gets down the concrete he actually fixes it. And somehow he always manages to build a track with everybody on one gate rather than a second row like the national serious. Just my opinion the national series could take a few lessons from Drew and his crew.

Thanks everyone on the replys, better late than never. Lol. It's looking like we will not be doing any racing this weekend. In other posts, I had mentioned that I talked to Drew. He was very polite and I look forward to attending one of his events soon.

About160 sign ups.
15941289_10102243536731623_7542321727215780060_n.jpg

Wow. Rider count is WAY down to what that race used to draw. Only 6 open pro and 1lite rider? Not sure that amount of riders makes the cost and effort worth it for Drew.

Back