So tell me again why this cant be done...

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Seen some really cool things posted in the southern Ohio moto time warp. I have been on the soap box for years about to many classes and this dumbass idea of practice on Saturday and race on Sunday schedule. Take a look at this.
15977283_10209565515787073_6805965157724426729_n.jpg
That is a total of 12 classes. For 7 different size displacements of motorcycles. We now have 27 classes. For 7 sizes (if you count supermini as its own).
Now have a look at the schedule.
15895406_10209565512626994_2918615573774629096_n.jpg
Yes, we raced in February. And every weekend in March. Saturday night and Sunday. Heck most of the Sundays had 2 races scheduled on Sundays. No one ran practice on Saturday... We raced. and if you look at the names on the points list you will see several LL wins and podiums.
So, WHY has it changed? Same bike sizes.... Same locations...

Oh, you may notice they actually used to track advancement points and post a list of riders that could no longer sandbag... novel idea... Oh, but im sure that would not work now... That would only hurt the feelings of the douchebag cheaters.

The sport has not changed. The weak ass humans that are "involved" have. And not for the better.

It cant be done because there is no 65 class, no 65 open, no 85 open, no pitbike class, no women, no college boy no 4 vet classes, god forbid, no C classes.....Where in the world would all the people in those classes race? Your upsetting some snowflakes with talk about removing classes.

Look at the final standings list, we have 3 times that many now on the same list. Take a look at the next OMA banquet.....I know your going Knox since you support local tracks so much. I agree racing is slower than its climax in the late 90's and 00's but I honestly believe its simply because people dont want to go. Its a lifestyle change, it isnt really money as the SXS industry is booming and those things are stupid expensive.

For me, I LOVE racing. Id take it any day of the week and twice on weekends. But life is different, the family doenst want to always go (except me and the boy), we are just too busy with other commitments. I really believe that is the biggest reason racing is down.....as a society we are just too busy to commit an entire 14 hour day to go to the track like we used to for just one or two family members to race.

The only way to get the full gates and sometimes longer track times are the big events. Local racing is what it is. And really the best way to get that is a GP. Your on the track with a lot of riders and you get 45 min motos. It really is one of the best times I have on a bike. MX track and a little easy woods is awesome.

Seen some really cool things posted in the southern Ohio moto time warp. I have been on the soap box for years about to many classes and this dumbass idea of practice on Saturday and race on Sunday schedule. Take a look at this. View attachment 54399 That is a total of 12 classes. For 7 different size displacements of motorcycles. We now have 27 classes. For 7 sizes (if you count supermini as its own).
Now have a look at the schedule. View attachment 54400 Yes, we raced in February. And every weekend in March. Saturday night and Sunday. Heck most of the Sundays had 2 races scheduled on Sundays. No one ran practice on Saturday... We raced. and if you look at the names on the points list you will see several LL wins and podiums.
So, WHY has it changed? Same bike sizes.... Same locations...

Oh, you may notice they actually used to track advancement points and post a list of riders that could no longer sandbag... novel idea... Oh, but im sure that would not work now... That would only hurt the feelings of the douchebag cheaters.

The sport has not changed. The weak ass humans that are "involved" have. And not for the better.

Chris, I would love to see less classes, but the truth is no matter what the tracks do today Motocross is dying. Probably a lot of different reasons, (Professional practicers, cost, danger, or snowflakes) but the sport is slowly bleeding to death.

Chris, we grew up in motocross heaven and didn't even know it. I wish my son would have experience that.

I recognize a lot of the names in the point standings. Just like what was already discussed, I see a lot of their children/family that are still racing today. Racing MX still runs in the family, but not like it once did.

A few more pages from the D-11 new letter. Here is the rest of the 'A' list. It used to be something racers actually aspired to be. Look at the "results of the annual meeting" The beginning of the 60 class in the state. And the beginning of actual qualifiers for the National.
15873045_10209565515347062_2550658874312533601_n.jpg

Look at the fancy map to the awards banquet. Oh, and note the cost... $6 and that includes "all you can eat"... That is $15.01 in todays money. How much are tickets to banquets this year??? Like the "better track prep" excuse, maybe they put an extra layer of wax on the dance floor in 2017.

15871722_10209565514787048_7674673385517088286_n.jpg

I don't know if the sport is bleeding to death now, but it for sure is "evolving". The only voice the racers have now is this site. We don't get monthly meeting anymore where you could actually go and give a statement and make suggestions. Now it is completely run by the promoters / track owners. D-11 had its issue's (Lord knows I beat them up enough) but they also did some things right (for the racers)
Who is the motocross Chairmen in the OMA? Southern Series? New Buckeye Series? CRA? (They may have one, I know nothing of that "organization")
Tracks working together sounds great. But it can also sound like "price fixing", "monopolizing" even a form of "coercion". All depends on perception.

Haha.....so if you were over 30 you were allowed to run B class even if you were classified A the year before? Even if ou had a Pro card the prior year!

Haha.....so if you were over 30 you were allowed to run B class even if you were classified A the year before? Even if ou had a Pro card the prior year!
And now guys cry if they don't have a 40+ A class... "Those guys where Pro, its not fair" See, the sport has not changed, society has.
Trump will fix it. Build a wall, Send Davalos to the 450 class. Let me race 45+ at LL.
Oh, and deport Madonna to Cuba so she can get all of those women's rights she is asking for.

Interesting. A lot of familiar names on the "A" list that still show up today in 40 and 50 plus class.

Bring back the 200 class! When did that class end? Seems I had a hard time finding a 200 MX class for my 175 in 1979 then I took about five years off until the racing bug bit again.

Bring back the 200 class! When did that class end? Seems I had a hard time finding a 200 MX class for my 175 in 1979 then I took about five years off until the racing bug bit again.
dirtcountry had a 200 class back then. we all race are it175 in it

For me, I LOVE racing. Id take it any day of the week and twice on weekends. But life is different, the family doenst want to always go (except me and the boy), we are just too busy with other commitments. I really believe that is the biggest reason racing is down.....as a society we are just too busy to commit an entire 14 hour day to go to the track like we used to for just one or two family members to race.

This is very true, commitments in today's society are cutting into the allotted time for things like Moto, this is why practice has taken over.

Let me practice during the week and race on weekends. Like Wednesday night then bam Friday night, Saturday Sunday.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

I don't think stopping weekend practice will change the race turnout. Imo It would only hurt the tracks benefitting from it. Weekend practice is all about "bang for you buck" seat time at a track. I used to race MX all the time. When I was younger. Now when I race it is a GP. I don't want to set at the track all day and ride very little. I just value my time more now that I'm older.

I really hope that tracks take note. It's an event. Something special , something that grabs you, gets your attention. All 50 riders get big brother big sister in free to watch the race. Grandparents day. Mother's day, Father's day. I understand it's $10 here, it's there. These people are already your attendance, but for everyone, they bring another.

Back