Income tax season...dirt bike shopping season!

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Well I just filed my income taxes this week and with my return and what I've saved up I'm going to go buy a new bike, cash no financing so I'm hoping to walk out with a good deal out the door on last years model of something. Kawasaki, Honda, or Yamaha. Any one had any luck or bad luck with particular dealers? Looking for a 250f around $6000. (Sadly KTM is out of the budget) Leaning toward Kawasaki at tri county Honda in WV, but curious to see what your guys suggestions/tips are when buying new.

Sent from my iPhone using PitRacer mobile app

Insurance yes. Usually your best to get through whomever has your car insurance. mine was dirt cheap through Cincinnati Insurance, but I had to change carrriers. Now I pay like $150 a year for dirt bike.

curent bike insurance through nationwide but prior to that had rider insurance (out of NJ specifically motorcycle ins.) progressive has good rates too. allstate was one of the worst for bikes but has been the best for my auto/home

got my taxes pretty dialed in, no free loans to the govt all year from me..but that means practically no refund either.. :(

Mines with Allstate now. After my daughters accident, they were the best for my auto/home, and $500 cheaper for my Harley over Cincinnati Insurance. Dirt Bikes were more, but like $150 a year.

That's good news, so I don't have to go to Cleveland to look for my bike god forbid. My garage has a window which is a big mistake.

Hardings park cycle has 2017 kx250f marked down I'd give them a call.

That's where my old man used to get all of our bikes but that's been years ago, I'll see what they can do. He loves arguing with salespeople on price, I don't have the patience.

Got a 16 Kawi 250f last April for $6,000 OTD from J&J in Huron, OH.

Now that I'm married the days of 6-7000 dollar tax returns are gone. Dialed down this year to $1,500 between the two of us. Just enough to cover city taxes lol.

Enjoy that new bike.

That's good news, so I don't have to go to Cleveland to look for my bike god forbid. My garage has a window which is a big mistake.

So did mine. That's how's the guy got in mine. 11 gauge steel fixed that. Neighbor works at a sheet metal plant. He measured my window and cut it at work one day. Fits like a glove. 1/16 inch all the way around.Sounds like a chinese gong if you hit it with anything.
IMG_5545.JPG

Last edited:
with allstate they werent bad on insuring ONE bike, but when I wanted to add like 4 more to the policy they had a minimum of $75 (i believe) per vehicle.. so where other companies bundled it and made big discounts and adding another bike was only a little more, allstate wanted like a min of 75 for each one, it got expensive really quick!

Oh yea. I have 3 bikes on my policy.
95 cr250
08 yz125
06 yz125

Total was 175 a year. Since I paid in full it was 143 a year. For me to add a 250F actually didn't make my policy go up. Weird. But at 4 bikes I can't have anymore onnthe policy. But will be dropping 1 125 so it'll be fine.

$143 for 4 bikes. $35.75. 3 Rocky Mountain race gas cards per bike and it's paid for. Plus if anything ever gets stolen you'll have the receipts for parts. Win/win.

Bikes aren't covered at racing events. Or swap meets. Their covered in your vehicles and on your property.

Back