Filling in the 2017 schedule

ck1racerx

PR Addict
Im sure I am not the only one that has a calendar with all the projected race dates for the year right at your fingertips... Mine, just so happens to hang right above my desk here at work. Each day I waste a good half hour staring at it, yearning for warm weather.
I have all the southern Ohio stuff and a few road trips on the calendar, but still have a few open weekends.
What does everyone have on the "must attend" list for this year?

Not to start off with a downer but, I was looking a different tracks to fill in some dates and just seen that Soggy Bottom in KY just announced they are closing. Heard good things. That is too bad.

That's funny. I have an excel file I keep it in on my work PC desktop.

For me the ones I want to make sure I attend if I can are the local LL quallies, the OMA Battle Series races, and Red Bud Vet fest.

For races I'd like to make I have the local Route 62 MX races on the list as well as Malvern's season opening race. That being the week after Indy and the fact I might not have everything done to the bike I wanna...may or may not happen. Depends on the weather as well. I'll race in the wet for the first race of the season, but am not going to head to a mud race. Just me maybe. If I race 1 to 2 times a month I'll be good/better. :)

Of course I have the entire OMA season schedule on there, but may have to look at some southern Ohio races in there as well. I got some buddies that aren't so much privy to the MX scene race wise and will undoubtedly ask me to partake in a GP or two or three. Went to one at Fast Traxx late last season and it was cool so I'm in to a few of those.

Only got to ride basically 3 times last year (Silver Lake, 1 BC practice, and a GP), so I am looking forward to the season. Should be a good one.

See you all there!! :)

Im sure I am not the only one that has a calendar with all the projected race dates for the year right at your fingertips... Mine, just so happens to hang right above my desk here at work. Each day I waste a good half hour staring at it, yearning for warm weather.
I have all the southern Ohio stuff and a few road trips on the calendar, but still have a few open weekends.
What does everyone have on the "must attend" list for this year?

Not to start off with a downer but, I was looking a different tracks to fill in some dates and just seen that Soggy Bottom in KY just announced they are closing. Heard good things. That is too bad.

So one of the best MX weekends each year is the AHRMA event at Unadilla. Not just vintage but also support classes as well. You can buy a weekend membership, but not required for support classes. 1,100 entries last year 3 days of racing, one of the best track in the US, maybe top ten worldwide. They only use the Pro track three times a year, AHRMA, AMA Pro's and then a pro quad race later in the year. Following which they overseed the track and when we show up its an amazing sight, nicely grass covered, great terrain, that evolves over the weekend with great prep. The opportunity to launch off Gravity Cavity or Skyshot is worth the trip. Unadilla should be on any serious MX'ers bucket list. Also the opportunity to line up beside Chuck Sun, Ron Lachine, etc. is pretty cool. Always a good group of Pit Racers at the event.

June 2- 4

rexmai.29.jpg

So then he should line up beside Chuck Sun and see what he's got.
Chuck is a great guy. Gave me the Husaberg ride back in 99. That may be the best part of vintage racing though. Meeting the "names" of the past and finding out they are pretty cool people.

Unadilla support classes are modern bikes?

Pulled from the Unadilla site:

Got an old beater that has been sitting around in your garage? If not, it’s not hard to find a bike that meets the entry qualifications for the promoter support classes…

These classes will run their first moto on Saturday and their second moto on Sunday.

1. Retro: 2 stroke. Front disk rear drum machines , all displacements, (A, B, C levels) bikes from 1978-1999
  2. Pre-Millennium: 2 stroke. Dual disk break machines all displacements (A, B, C levels) bikes from 1978-1999
  3. Four Stoke (A,B,C levels) bikes up to 1999.
  4. Open Age: includes Retro, Pre-Millennium, and Four Stroke. open age classes: (A, B, C levels) bikes from 1978-1999
  5. 125 Junior Modern: 2 stroke 125 2 strokes and 150 4 strokes. Ages 12-16 whose parent(s) have entered one or more cross-country, vintage, post vintage or promoter support classes on Saturday and/or Sunday.
  6. 250 Junior Modern: 250f 4 strokes This class is only for racers ages 12-16 whose parent(s) have entered one or more cross-country, vintage, post vintage or promoter support classes on Saturday and/or Sunday.
  7. 85cc Modern: Open only to 7-12 year olds whose parent(s) have entered one or more cross-country, vintage, post vintage or promoter support classes on Saturday and/or Sunday.
  • Classes 5, 6, and 7 are only for those children whose parents are racing in one or more vintage classes during the weekend.
  • NO memberships are required, including AMA
  • Pre-entry is on-line from May 1-May 22 (link will be found here starting May 1st)
  • Post entry is available for all support classes
  • Pre-entry fees: $45 first class; $30 each additional class
  • Post-entry fees: $60 first class; $35 each additional –cash. Credit card users add $2 per class.

What about the Vet Open at Byron? Anyone go to that? Lord knows many hold wet vest as the most attend event of the year because of the holy ground RED BUD (which from now on must be capitalized and italic) but what about the other old dude races?
I got one of those EROC thingy's on the schedule. The moto version. What is the difference between the moto and HS versions? I may add a few more of those.
Just not crazy about driving north to race, but there are a few tracks I would like to try... Since I have Sept 24 open.... I think TV has a race that day...hhhhmmmmm

Byron should bring out many fast old guys.

Steve (a fast vet from up North here) won the Racer X series 50+ B/C class last year

1st - STEVE WILMINGTON
2nd - LONNIE URBAN
3rd - PETE MINETT
4th - ED LOVELY
5th - JAY CALKINS
6th - PATRICK BOYDEN
7th - HARVEY LEACH
7th - JOHN DUBIEL
9th - TODD METZLER
10th - JONATHAN HYDE
10th - GREGG WHITE
12th - GREG BOONE