Briarcliff Betty?

mshafer62

PR Addict
It's Ground Hog Day!
Punxsutawney Phil saw his shadow, forecasting 6 more weeks of winter.
Whats the news from BC? Did Briarcliff Betty see her shadow?

Hows that crop of winter wheat doing?
2017 Practice schedule (for Knox's calendar of course)?
Track changes?

Inquiring minds want to know!

Last edited:
I hope track changes are in the calendar for BC. Just my opinion but the "S" corners he put in last year in place of the straight away of rollers was the worst design I've ridden at BC. I hope that section goes back to more like the track was in the past.

Also hope the corner after the finish line gets pushed out a little further again. You come over the finish line and because the corner is right there, your landing in breaking bumps. Really did not like any of the changes he made last year. Really liked the track the best about 3 years ago.

I hope track changes are in the calendar for BC. Just my opinion but the "S" corners he put in last year in place of the straight away of rollers was the worst design I've ridden at BC. I hope that section goes back to more like the track was in the past.

Also hope the corner after the finish line gets pushed out a little further again. You come over the finish line and because the corner is right there, your landing in breaking bumps. Really did not like any of the changes he made last year. Really liked the track the best about 3 years ago.
Did someone hack Johnny's account?
The S turns were my fav. More passing there than the rest of the track combined. Lots of ruts = several options. And landing in braking bumps makes the inside a viable option. I never seen the old design but I do like the current. No wonder track owners hate us. Even we can not agree. :)

Hey......two blown disc in my back = my body no longer can handle deep ruts these days (its hell getting old and being tore up). I personally like the wide open fast layout that he used to have. It flowed well and felt good. The "S" corners I my opinion make for one fast line......inside to inside. They had a lot of people bail landing into the breaking bumps. I just think its a bit safer to move the corner out a little bit.

IMG_3847.JPG

Yep - that's a shadow ...

Giving her a red flag is just a representation of real life. A green flag would have been a fantasy. Not to get too deep... like those pants.

DAAAAAMMMMMMNNNNNN.....I am racing the wrong tracks.

I liked the track faster. I like wide open fast tracks. Who likes going slow?

To answer the original post, the winter wheat did sprout, but its very patchy. Actually I didn't think it was coming up at all. Luckily though it began to come up in January. I questioned myself on what I had done wrong, maybe too deep, maybe the soil is just too clapped out, or maybe it was just too late to get nice coverage. I think the fact that it came up at all rules out too deep, and I did go by the soil and water techs advice on the planter, so I do think I'm good there. I did fertilize it after planting. But I'm not so sure that alone will fix the lack of nutrients in the dirt. Too late seems to be the biggy. I doubt there will be a November rider at all this season if we plan on planting wheat. I need to get it in Nov. 1, which is still a couple weeks late by farm standards.

Practice schedule will be forth coming after I get through this banquet.

Of course track changes, that's our mantra, but not at first, especially with the qualifier earlier this year. I'd say by KOC in June we will have some tweaks. And possibly again for Battle. I see major changes in the finishline section. Moving it back some, and changing the first two jumps.

Drats! I hate to agree with John259 and ckx (Indian name Big Typer-Little Rider). I like the challenge of the S turns,
especially when are deeply rutted but that straight with the jump going into that 180 with all the braking bumps was
challenging also. The track has amazing dirt which makes it special.

Since it wasn't mentioned I'll just assume BC Betty never made it out to even look for a shadow?
6 more weeks of winter aligns us with mid March. Ye old Google Calendar had the first 2016 BC ride as 3/26.
I seem to remember it was a "pop-up" ride on the Saturday before Easter.

Back